Car Care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

California Dust Buster

Old 10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Default California Dust Buster

Just wondering does anybody use one. I have a black Mustang, and I think the Dust Buster is a MUST for black cars. Once the car has been washed its mostly dust and pollen (during the spring and summer) that get on it. The Dust Buster takes it right off without having to re-wipe the car and it doesn't scratch either. If you have a dark color and you don't have one I highly recommend it. Walmart $19.99

Old 10-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Default RE: California Dust Buster

I've used one in the past with my old black Civic.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:21 PM

I got one for a birthday present several years ago. My husband bought it for me after we got a 95 Red Cadillac STS. I didn't let him know it, but that's not exactly what I was expecting for my birthday!!!

Anyway, I love it. I babied that Caddy.

Now I use it all the time on my '85 Vette!

Michelle

Old 11-12-2005, 09:07 AM

Yeah, I've used mine for several years. Nice to just clean the body quickly once in a while. Mine is now a nice, dark gray from all the dust and dirt, but still works. Doesn't clean brake dust off wheels, though. I would pay alot for one that sucked that stuff up.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Yeah, I've used mine for several years. Nice to just clean the body quickly once in a while. Mine is now a nice, dark gray from all the dust and dirt, but still works. Doesn't clean brake dust off wheels, though. I would pay alot for one that sucked that stuff up.
I'd pay for a break dust duster too....nothing like having your freshly cleaned wheels covered in brake dust a few days later.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Administrator

hmm..the only car that i have ever had a big issue with break dust is the bmw, as it has something like 22 spokes, and theyre very close together, so i hav to clean in there with a toothbrush..

Old 11-15-2005, 12:40 PM

We carry a good wheel sealant that will make cleaning the wheels much easier.

Old 12-31-2006, 03:21 AM

these things work awesome...well worth the money...get 1 for sure....

Old 01-10-2007, 05:25 PM

I have two and use them both on a regular basis. Works great for the Bike and the 52, not to mention the Vette. And as they say the more you use it the better it works.

I have noticed however you have to be careful, and not use it in direct sunlight, or hot conditions, the wax from the duster will actually come off on the vehicle. Not a big problem though.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:32 PM

I've can't say that I have ever noticed that, but thanks for the warning I will have to keep my eyes open this summer when I am using it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: California Dust Buster