Dome lights will not shut off

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Default RE: Dome lights will not shut off

Thanks I'll see what I can do.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 PM

the car is a 93
Thanks we'll see if this gets me anywhere. Were on the car can I find the ccm?

Old 07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: mech259

I'm assuming yours is a 93 from another post. Here is a wiring diagram for a 93 interior coupe. I suspect your problem is in the central timer module, but without a Tech 2 scanner to check it , []
Hey mech... The timer module is what I was gettin' at when I asked him if the radio cuts off when he opens the door, and also if the timer's ground/interrupt in the driver's door might be bad. He said the radio DOES cut off when either door is opened.

You still think it could be the timer module? Is the timer module's clockintegral with the computer, or is it a dedicated clock itself?

Old 07-25-2007, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mech259

I'm assuming yours is a 93 from another post. Here is a wiring diagram for a 93 interior coupe. I suspect your problem is in the central timer module, but without a Tech 2 scanner to check it , []
Thanks Mech

Big help as always[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-26-2007, 03:42 PM

Whereare the (timer module?) and the ccm located? Also am I to assume correctly that the central control modlue is the same as the body control computer on this vechile. Looking at the diagram the only things controllinginterior lightsare one switches, two adiode module, and three a ccm. The diodes are fine the switches are fine so I'm guessing the ccm is not. Or is the ccm controled by a body control computer,timer modulesome other relay or switch that is not on this diagram.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Paul Spickard

the car is a 93
Thanks we'll see if this gets me anywhere. Were on the car can I find the ccm?
I'll have to get back to you on that, more than likely it is behind the passenger side dash. In your e-mail, you mentioned rear deck lights. I would suspect the deck switch assembly.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

In later years, GM turned those functions over to the BCM (Body Control Module), but I think the CTM controls lights and radio functions.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:30 AM

Well guys I thank all of you. It seems for now the problem is solved. I think th problem was in the dimmer switch on the the dash. I've replaced it and everything seems to be fine. Feel kinda foolish to be honest .

Old 10-18-2007, 10:02 PM

Hey Paul.

I am having the exact same problem with my 1990 C4. So the dimmer switch was your problem, a? How tough was it to replace Paul? Please advise. Thanks!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:08 PM

simple solution (and general good idea for storage, and anti theft) is install an easy to get to but hidden kill switch. Now, this cures the symptom, not the problem, but they can come in handy when you are traveling as well. (hotel parking lots anyone?)

Quick Reply: Dome lights will not shut off