Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

C5 Goldenrod no longer stuck... I'm just not sure it's working correctly

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 09:22 PM
Default C5 Goldenrod no longer stuck... I'm just not sure it's working correctly

C5 Goldenrod Stuck…

Not to bore folks with my tedious problems but I’ve only owned the Magnetic Red Convertible about 6 months and had a great summer with it… I figured I’d tackle the minor repairs when the days got short… I took the summer to join the forums and read up on what typically needs attention and as many of you have stated here, the headlights aren’t bright enough.
So I installed the 9011/9012 bulbs and that really did the trick for me…but the alignment was off… With all your help… the driver’s side was on the mark in about 15 minutes but the passenger side wouldn’t raise up vertically because the goldenrod was really stuck.. so for 3 evenings now I’m been spraying DP blaster and working it back and forth and barely got it to move….
So tonight I took the entire thing out and once it was out I got it freed up to where when I turn the goldenrod the threaded rod that it mates to spins freely as well….
I was expecting the threaded rod to move back and forth so as to push or pull the “plate” that the ball joint end of the Threaded rod. I thought that IF that threaded rod moved into and out from the goldenrod assembly, then it would push or pull that plate which in turn would angle the bulb housing.
My problem is… Now that everything turns smoothly I’m reluctant to reassemble everything only to find that the alignment isn’t any better because the assembly housing has a thread stripped and I’ve got to find another goldenrod assembly and do the entire thing all over… Don’t get me wrong.. I love working on the car…it’s just that we’ve got some more nice days ahead and I want to ride …

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails C5 Goldenrod no longer stuck... I'm just not sure it's working correctly-c5-goldenrod.jpg  

Last edited by ulianokr; 11-19-2015 at 09:40 PM.