Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Passenger window/lock wont work

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Default Passenger window/lock wont work

My car developed a problem last night with the passenger side window and lock. Neither control panel or the remote will actuate the passenger lock or window.

I checked all my fuses (unless I am unaware of another fuse box) and they are all good.

Im trying to hunt down my voltage meter right now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT: I found the fuse box under the carpet. I can't find any fuse labeled for the power windows. I have about 5volts on 2 of the wires on the plug at the window and lock buttons (passenger side).

EDIT #2: There is no clicking or noise when I press the buttons for the pssenger lock or window. I pulled the fuse for the Door Control Module for the drivers side and thats what happens. I think the DCM-right is dead. Where is it and where can I get a new one?

Old 07-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Default RE: Passenger window/lock wont work

Everything you need to know is contained in here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...er+side+window

Dave

Old 07-02-2006, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the link. I read it but I'm not sure that it applies. The topic starter says he can hear the motor click, but nothing happens.

I can not hear anything click. This leads me to believe that no power is getting to the motor (i.e. bad DCM).

The diagram posted (Diagram) of the right side door power window, lock, and mirros electrical shows that all three systems run through the DCM.

None of my three systems work.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

There is a 10a fuse in the IP fuse panel labeled DCM-R. Need to pop the switch out and see if you are getting ground continuity to it and out of it. If so, you probably have a bad motor. Check the light blue and tan wires on up and down.[&o]

Old 07-03-2006, 12:52 AM

If the window motor is bad, would that effect the lock and mirror?

I have voltage at the switch plug. Its about 5volts.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Probably not. Check your power and ground to the module. I will look it up in my component locator today and post if I have time.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:22 PM

I eplaced the DCM today and it didn't fix anything.

I hot wired the window motor to roll it up.

Maybe the Body control module BCM has a bad ground? I also have the ABS/Traction Control/Active Handling error on the screen.

Where is the BCM? Is it the thing next to the fuse box under the glove box that looks like an ECU? (2002 Z06)

Old 07-03-2006, 10:41 PM

Well, I found that the ground wires in the harness to the Door Control Module only had about 3-5 volts. I checked the resistance to the battery and it was well over 1000 ohms.

I ran a ground to one of the wires (black plug, big brown wire) and the door locks worked just fine.

It started raining so I havent had a chance to trace the bad ground far enough to fix it yet.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

You should have no more than .1 volt on your ground. 3 - 5 volts is way to much. Don't know the location of the ground, but will see if I can find it.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Ok, well I fixed the problem.

The 12ga black ground wire that goes into the black plug on the DCM had over 1000ohms resistance to the ground lug in front of the door sill under the plastic cover. This ground lug is exactly like the ones behind either headlight, except it has about 10+ wires coming out of it.

I was unable to trace the wire to find the break, so I ran a new ground wire and it works now.

Quick Reply: Passenger window/lock wont work