Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

'13 model Messages about traction, anti skid and handling

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Question '13 model Messages about traction, anti skid and handling

Near the end of a 250 mile trip today, I began to get 3 messages. Service traction control, service anti-skid control and service active handling control. Pulled over and checked the manual and it says to turn it off and restart it to reset. If the messages do not go away, the anti-skid and active handling icon will remain on the speedo and to get it serviced. Tried restarting a second time with the same results. Drove about 50 more miles and all messages and icons went away as if there was nothing wrong. My first thought was that it was programed to recommend service at about 30k miles because I was within a few miles of rolling over to 30k. Book didn't say anything about having it serviced if it throws these messages. After doing a little searching on this forum I found several posts about earlier models doing this also. Some suggested it might be wheel sensors, etc. Has me thinking there might be something to it since I installed 4 new tires, alignment and balance just before I took this trip. Could the alignment guy mess something up like this? Or the shop that balanced them since I had them balanced before I took it to the alignment shop? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Check all sensor connections that near anything that was worried on. Might require unplugging, cleaning, and reconnecting.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:29 PM

Checked the sensor cables and reconnected them with a little di-electric grease. Cables not cracked or loose. What irks me is that you can not buy just the wheel sensor. Have to buy a new hub with it. Have not had it repaired yet. Scheduled to take it in next week. Hoping it does not hurt anything by driving it until then. Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:09 AM

Several , including local dealer, had suggested a weak battery could cause false read outs. New battery did not help.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:55 PM

Put it on a scanner and 3 out of the 4 wheel sensors were giving read outs. The left front read 0. Naturally, you can not buy just the sensor, you have to buy the entire hub which includes the sensor. Hope to get it installed soon. Still get the service messages on start up but can delete them by pressing the info button each time it pops up.

Last edited by dmad1; 10-05-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:37 PM

Finally! New left wheel hub assembly fixed all 3 service messages on my '13. Interesting side note is that instead of paying GM $500 for just the hub and not labor, I ordered one from a local parts house. When it arrived, it felt rough when you turned it by hand. The parts house agreed that they thought it shouldn't be that way so the ordered another one. Sure enough it felt the same. I decided to change brand and ordered a one made by Moog. As my luck seems to run, it also felt rough. Contacted Moog and they said it should be as smooth as glass. After talking to two shops, decided to go ahead and chance it and did the install. Also had a scanner put on it and removed the codes and all is well now. No messages. It is an automatic and when getting the messages, I could ride the brake and try to break the tires loose but all it would do is bog down. Engine would not rev at all with the pedal to the floor. It I released the brake pedal, it would accelerate just fine. Now, it will easily break them loosed again.