General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Can C5 headlights be changed to the C6 style?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Default Can C5 headlights be changed to the C6 style?

Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering if the C5 headlights can be replaced by the C6 headlights. Irealize they are completely different, but I really like the look and was wondering if it can be done. Thank in advance.

Take care. Stay safe.
RJ

Old 07-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Default RE: Can C5 headlights be changed to the C6 style?

To install actual C6 lights you'd have to do quite a bit of expensive body work.

There are kits for the C5 that replace the stock pop-up headlights with clear-cover ones something like the C6s, available in Ecklers and other places. The advantage is they fit without body modification, but they do not look exactly like the C6s lights.

The kits run about $1200 I believe and take maybe four hours to install.

Here is a link I found (the first one google brought up, to something like what I'm talking about -- when you go to it you have to scroll down quite a while to something called "Exposed headlight modules" near the bottom. These are usually called "LeMans light packages" or "Euro-look" light upgrades for the C5 -- if you look around you might find a beter price.

http://www.spectergtr.com/corvette/exterior.html

Old 07-20-2007, 10:11 AM

Thank you very much for this information. I'm glad to hear it can be done and look forward to checking out this link. I can see how you would just about have to replace the entire front end of the C5 for the C6 lights . . . definitely not worth it IMO.

Again, thanks.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:19 AM

Wow, what agreat link!Once again, I have found something kind of pricey that I would love to have:

Group 5 Aero Package - $2495
I love how those headlights look and will have to look into this in more detail. Can't say my husband is too happy about this new find. - Ha, Ha

Old 07-20-2007, 02:42 PM

I suggest you look on ebay! I was cruising through ebay earlier and saw some of those replacement headlights ya'll are talking about for a hell of a lot less than $2500...somewhere around $700 i think...and i'm pretty sure they're brand new....but i'm not 100% sure so check it out!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: pewter2000

I suggest you look on ebay! I was cruising through ebay earlier and saw some of those replacement headlights ya'll are talking about for a hell of a lot less than $2500...somewhere around $700 i think...and i'm pretty sure they're brand new....but i'm not 100% sure so check it out!
Thanks so much for the heads-up on the eBay deal. I will be sure to checkout before doing anything.

Again, BIG thanks.

Take care. Stay safe.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:51 PM

you're VERY welcome! i just checked it out and they are on ebay for between $500 and $800....now i'm sure the husband wont be as unhappy about your discovery!

Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 AM

I've seen some other posts on here....I think.....about some of those kits. You have to watch out...to make sure it is from a company that actually put some R&D into the kit so they fit propertly. I'm a little scared to do this myself, just for that reason. I've heard horror stories about some of those kits that look like crap installed because they don't fit right....gaps....one side looks different than the other, etc. If anyone out there knows of a good kit that somebody spent some time in designing and engineering it, let me know!

Old 11-24-2013, 08:10 AM

I am looking at replacing flip up lights, anyone have pics and information of your project you can post

Thanks,
Mailman

Old 11-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

Since this thread is over six years old, you might want to start a new one.

Quick Reply: Can C5 headlights be changed to the C6 style?