New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

1970 stingray help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 05:34 PM
Laz
Default 1970 stingray help

Hello I come here sad. I have a 1970 stingray convertible with a 383 dropped in. Recently I had a accident where a large rock passed underneath my car. It damaged the left lower fiberglass under the bumper, the chrome piece that runs vertical on the left side <bumper guard?>, pushed the header on the right of the engine < looking at from front> into the clutch so it will not fully engage. I do not believe any pieces of clutch moving parts are damaged it is just blocked by the header now pushed into it. The oil pan is heavily dented and muffler going out the rear is destroyed.
Honestly I am devastated. That being said I do not want to put it in a shop. I am pretty good at fiberglass work due to my time in the navy. I have a working knowledge of cars in general. I am trying to be positive and look at this as an experience to know my car better. By fixing it. It has always had other issues I always intended to get to <vacuum line headlights wipers> but never did because I would not take it out of garage unless it was a bright sunny day. Now I want to do it all. I plan to start with new headers and side pipes.<always loved the side pipe look anyhow> With a non stock engine this presents a problem with what to buy. Can anyone help my in this area? I am sure more details are needed, I will be happy to provide any.