New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

D Griff's new C5

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Default D Griff's new C5

Hello everyone.

Just joined the forum to gain more knowledge on my new car, a 2003 50th Anniversary Edition coupe with the six speed. It has 71k miles and I bought it for around $18k last weekend. The car is in almost perfect condition and complete with a glass and bodied colored roof, the 50th gold book thing, a couple sets of 50th floor mats, etc. Definitely has been well loved and taken care of.

The only issue I've found so far is with the flip up headlights, they make some funny noises and sometimes don't want to flip down.

This is definitely a different car for me, my past few cars have been a '90 Miata, '12 GTI and '97 Civic, but I'm pretty excited and really enjoying the power, sounds and handling so far.

I don't have any major plans for the car right now, maybe some new summer tires and an exhaust as well as some kind of audio update, but nothing major, pretty happy with the car in stock form right now. This will be my DD (I only use it weekends, I have a work truck M-F) and see an occasional track day or auto-x, but nothing crazy.

Name:  20140913_174436_zps568eeb47.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  437.3 KB

Old 09-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Looks and sounds like you got a real jewel.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:00 AM

Thanks!

I'm so ready to get back from my work trip and drive it again.