New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Okay! Okay! I'll Come Back

Old 01-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Default Okay! Okay! I'll Come Back

Look Guys, I appreciate the e-mails you sent to me directly, and I am really touched by a couple of your notes telling me how disappointed you are in my leaving -- make me feel like a heel.

And I was impressed by the fact that several of you had stored my e-mail address, since I deleted it from the site when I "resigned" the other night.

I will try to participate in the forum in the future -- I really will try to stay involved. What pushed me over the top the other night was not the idiot in the thread I mentioned as much as a bigger issue -- I'm just running out of time. So I will come back as much as I can, but therewill have to bea change:

No e-mails sent directly to me with questions: I am now leaving my e-mail address blank on my profile and ask no one to e-mail directly. I have only the one e-mail account -- for my job -- andlately I was getting far too many, detailed e-mails requesting help: getting in the way of earning my living. I am happy to contribute what I can to the forum but it will have to be only this way: post a question in General Technical and if I can answer I will.

And by the way,I will not argue with anyone. The thread I posted was typical of what does **** me off, : I provide advice or rigorous analysis and someone argues with me. Fine, but I won't respond. (((Interestingly, as in this case, it is Camaro owners, amongowners of all car types, who seem the most "delusional" about their car's relative capabilities, and take criticisms or negative comments personally -- I used to give Tech Advice on the sister Camaroforums but left there long ago because, while many were nice folks, the Camaro forum had a high content of nuts -- people who believed their car was the fastest, best car in the world and would fight you if you told them differently. I truth a Camaro is a fun car, the most poerformance you can buy for the money, but not a great car.

Regardless, when I can, I will try to particpate, and I aprpeciate all the kind e-mails, but none more, okay?

Old 01-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Okay! Okay! I'll Come Back

glad to hear it Lee. Cheers

Old 01-22-2007, 09:16 PM
pg

Welcome back, I turned off the forum after I read that Camaro post, but it takes all kinds of people to keep the world turning, I come to the forum to learn how to repair my car and to share my limited knowledge with those that I can help and thats what makes this a nice place to visit. Save the Wave, PG.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:07 AM

Good!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:44 AM

Haha, I like how you posted this in the "New Members" forum. They should make a "New members: Third time around" Just for you Lee . J/k, We are all glad to have you back. Hey, while I have you here, do you know how to replace a fuel pump on a C4? I am gonna ask in the C4 section also, but my Haynes (A.K.A - I shoulda gone Chiltons) manual doesnt say anything about it that I can find. Thanks and Welcome back!!

Matt

Old 01-23-2007, 04:13 AM

Welcome back!

Old 01-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Lee,
I just got back from the weekend and this is all news to me![sm=insomnia.gif]
I'm glad you're goin' to stick around, we need all the "sharp pencils" we can get around here!
Sorry you left, but glad you're back!!![sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 01-23-2007, 02:52 PM

Glad to see you are still herewith your real friends.[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 01-24-2007, 01:59 PM

I may hang myself out on a limb here, but I think we need to remember something about this great forum. We are occasionally going to get someone popping up in here thinking they may know just a little more than the next guy, and choose to express themselves in a way that may upset or pi$$ some people off. It's really not a whole lot different than being in a public place, and hearing someone say something you may find offense to or not like. Lets face it, you can say something, speak your mind, or get into a war of words, but really... would it get us anywhere?
I would just say there are people out there you just cannot convince one way or the other. In my profession and with all my training through the years you learn to just let them be. It does absolutely no good to get into a shouting match with them. We all, and I say all express and have our own opinions, right or wrong, bad or good, you simply take it for what it's worth.
I read the post you hyperlinked there, and to be honest with you, Call911 whether right or wrong was just expressing his opinion. You let the guy get under your skin for whatever reason, and took it personal, I can except that, but what bothers me is you coming backsaying "why am I talking to these idiots? Thats not what this forum is about, you don't have to be a "lifer" here to figure that out. Let the ADMINISTRATORS handle it, afterall if someone is violating the terms of service than it's up to them to take care of it. Lets keep this place fun, and interesting, I have been a member of quite a few forums in the past only to leave in discuss because it ended up becoming a place of insults, and shouting matches. One thing leads to another, and before you know it we will be criticising people for their spelling!
Lets keep this place fun and interesting! IF WE VIOLATE THIS IT MAKES US NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE.
TAKEN FROM CF RULES:

While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.[/align]

"Trolls or Trolling", "Flames" and/or "Board Wars" are not tolerated here or elsewhere. Posts that taunt or are otherwise inflammatory against other sites will be removed. Also, anyone found to be making inflammatory posts and remarks on other forums (starting Flame/Board Wars) can and will loose their posting privileges here. This rule also applies to those that, for whatever reason, feel a need to post negative remarks about this site on other forums. If you do, don't expect to be welcome here.[/align]

Old 01-24-2007, 03:37 PM

Actually,Call911 wasn't the reason, I just used that, at the moment, as an example of a thread that proved a total waste of time and proof that no matter how you try to be nice . . . In fact, even the guy a couple of weeks ago who said that he hoped"he angel ofdeath will take you" on another thread didn't get me. It's fun in a perverse way. As Ron White says, "You Can't Fix Stupid."

What drove me to resignwas the volume of "private" e-mails I was getting directly via the forum. I didn't mind those I would get tfrom Starship, etc., but some users (usually brand new ones who I never saw on the forum again) would e-mail with long, detailed questions and then pester me forever after that. I was never able to get a reply sent to them through the forum to work (i.e., they send me an e-mail from the forum, I try to reply directly and the message goes nowhere, they get frustrated and write back - why don't you reply?and give me their own e-mail address to reply (it was often listed on the e-mail I got from the forum, too), so I typically would help a polite guy out with a note direct to an e-mail address he and she sent me.

This meant they now had my actual e-mail address, and they would write back, often, with more questions and more detailed questions.

It simple got to be too many: somehow a lot of people got my e-mail address. I have only the one e-mail and it is for my business.It got to where I was getting one or two dozen e-mails a week, many from new members I had seldom seen on the forum (I think a lot of people join only after they have a problem they can't solve).

Regardless, a few would keep asking morequestions, or disagree and try to start and argument, and about one a week would send very rude remarks when they disagreed. My e-mail is read and sorted very morning by my secretary, a very nice and proper Christian lady,anda recent one the day before I "resigned" really upset her.

I have taken care of that by making it impossible for anyone from the forum to send me e-mails at my own account, and by asking Lisa to set up a firewall that will quarantine all forum or car-related questions so she never sees them. She actually ennoyed the 'revenge" on this tactless, profane messages so it pleased her. They seem to have stopped completely so that will do it.

That said, I think some understanding and tolerance is useful on a forum. We've had rude and misbehaving people in the past, including a few who have been banned from the forum but hopefully no more.

- Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Okay! Okay! I'll Come Back