Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

How fast have you taken your C5?

Old 09-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Default RE: How fast have you taken your C5?

Returning from thw WSCC convention in Laughlin I was crusing at 100 when this young woman in a FoMoCo 500 PASSES me all the while talking on her cel phone[&o] This totally blew me away so I caught up and she went to about 110. We made it to outskirts of Bakersfield in record time. At one point I stepped on it and got up to 125-130, fastest I have been in this Z06. Now that I am older[X(] I actually think of the consequences of geting a ticket, or worse in a wreck, while doing 2X the speed limit. Not Pretty.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:57 PM

Fears about this are why my son and I have decided to forego any attempt to go for a top speed over 200 at Maxton, etc. Even with a roll cage, etc., the consequences of something happening at those speeds are terrible.

In my opinion , 150 mph is a lot different in a modern car.

It is interesting that when I look back, the "fastest" I have ever driven a car was an indicated 127 (probably 120) in my '67 3-liter Healey, top down, back in the 70s. That felt much faster and less safe (and no doubt was, than 150 in the vette does today.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Zcargoes

. . . WSCC convention in Laughlin . . .

I imagine there are a lot of "WSCC"s in this world, and that the meeting you had just left was "Western States Corvette Club" or something, but I thought I would ask, on the off chance you are in the same bnusiness as I am , if it was the Western States Coordinating Council (WSCC) -- the power grid coordinadating council for the western half of the US?

Old 10-18-2006, 11:27 PM

153 on the straight of Spokane Raceway Park here in Spokane, WA.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:57 PM

145 twice, once aired it out on the 10 going toward Phoniix, then again going up the 5 in Oregon. I had just backed off in Oregon when the radar went off so I hit the brakes to about 80 looking for the source. I was still thinking it might have been something else that trigered it when a Camaro came up on me fast, it had lights in the rear window hidden and was blue. He told me he got me at 99 miles per hour and was there any reason I was going that fast today. I did have a reason but didnt share with him, figured it would just get witten on the back of the ticket. Cost me 500 bucks and I am still hoping it doesn't get sent to calif and on my record.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:19 AM

Sorry to tell you, really i am bobalou, but it more than likely will get sent. I have had 4 tickets and one of them was in North Carolina and i live in Virginia and i got a letter in the mail not long after i got that ticket sayin that i owed the state money and then i needed to forfeit my license cause i had too many tickets for being only 17. Now im 20 and i only have one more than i did then. Sorry pal.

Matt

Old 10-19-2006, 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Sorry to tell you, really i am bobalou, but it more than likely will get sent. I have had 4 tickets and one of them was in North Carolina and i live in Virginia and i got a letter in the mail not long after i got that ticket sayin that i owed the state money and then i needed to forfeit my license cause i had too many tickets for being only 17. Now im 20 and i only have one more than i did then. Sorry pal.

Matt
yep! they do follow you home [&:] I speak from experience.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: bobalou

Cost me 500 bucks and I am still hoping it doesn't get sent to calif and on my record.

Oh Man
It will definately get sent, Definately. Been there, done that, and paid for it!!

Old 10-19-2006, 04:14 AM

Ya I know about this. When I was working in Phx Arizona, I got a photo ticket, In Scottsdale on Frank Loyd Wright rd. The camera was set up in the middle of a section of the road. The ticket said 59 mph in a 45 $157.00. It was mailed to me here in Calif. I was driving a rentel truck too. They follow you alright.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:33 PM

Now you all have me worring about it, haha but that doesn't help anythnig, maybe I should go pull my record. Does anyone have experience with Oregon?? Oregon is pretty cool. In the past they have not been a state that shares. It was like a gold mine for Califorinians driving through Oregon. We could haul ***. It was a year ago on Labor day, My nineteen year old son was with me He was going in the Navy the Navy the nest week, and we still laugh about that officer. He was so.... straight out of the academy. I am probably lucky he didn't aresst me. I just put new Michilin ps 2 Sport tires on last week, its time to go try again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How fast have you taken your C5?