Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

79 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Default 79 Vette

Hey guys I am new to the forum. I was wandering what you guys thought a 1979 vette L-82 that has been hit pretty hard in the right front but not totaled would be worth? I have the option of buing this car for around $4000 and don't know what to tell this girl she has no idea what it is worth and neither do I. Please any help would be great.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 79 Vette

Hey Russell,
Damn, bet that broke her heart![&o] In '04, I bought an '80, L82 for 4 thou. The suspension, interior and paint was shot. I dropped 4gs in the drive train and suspension, but I still have the interior and paint to do. Installing a 400 hp, 454 soon. The old 350 is a little tired.
Without seeing the damage it's hard to say what it's worth. A new front clip, door to door, is a little over 1g. the inner fender skirts are about 1100 ea. One fender is about 500. The condition of the interior and running gear, (susp, trans, engine, brake sys, and elec) will have a lot to do with figuring a value. Obviously the paint is shot, could go from 500 up to....... how much you want to spend? Of course, parts is only part of the cost. If you have to pay for the labor (let's say 60 to 80 per hour) and not do it your self, it could get pretty pricey. Get a body shop to give an estimate for repairs. If you want to buy a Vette, you can get into one that is driveable for under 10 gs. It's kinda your call on this one. Best of luck!