Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C1 & Corvette C2 (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c1-corvette-c2-16/)
-   -   '61 restoration guide (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c1-corvette-c2-16/61-restoration-guide-7079/)

bobs77 07-30-2007 01:11 AM

'61 restoration guide

Can anyone suggest a book to use as a guide for restoring a '61 Vette? I found a book I thought would do the job: "Complete Corvette Restoration & Technical Guide Vol1" from Motorbooks, but the publishercan't tell them when it will be available.

Thanks,

Bob

bobs77 08-05-2007 05:47 PM

RE: '61 restoration guide

30 views and no replies???? What the hell? There are NO other books any one can suggest on restoring C2 Vettes??? These cars aren't old enough to need restoration? There's no interest in old Vettes?? And you guys are supposed to be enthusiasts?

f2023 08-06-2007 01:18 PM

The Noland Adams book is out of print. You sometimes can find copies on Amazon.com or Ebay, but usally very expensive. A '61 is a C1 not a C2, or I would lend you mine. Best to place a WTB ad on all the Corvette Forums. There are also many web sites that have pdf files that show different ways to repair various things on a corvette. One that comes to mind is http://www.ibfun.com/corvette/tech/vettetech_files/

Hope this helps

ax 08-20-2007 09:08 AM

Hey BOB
The restoration & technical guide Vol#1 is the best, and is available from amazon.com. They have new and used available at about $119.00.
And just for future reference......sarcasm, ranting and insults are probably not the best way to get a response.

kevncorvette61 11-01-2007 06:09 PM

Aloha Bob, I'm also restoring a 61 vette here in Hawaii, the book you mentioned is the best....I'd like to get one too. Hope we can keeping in touch throught the Forums or Email, mine is kevncorvette61@yahoo.com. good luck with your restore. I'm on the underside now...preping and painting the frame. just restored the rear end, springs & alex working my way forward. Maybe we can help each other w/time saving tips and such....hope to here from you, Aloha for Now...Kevin B

Texas Jim 01-06-2008 09:27 PM

ax,
I understand , in a general way, what you're saying to Bob about questioning the knowledge and response time of the forum, but from my experience on the forum, with the exception of the C3 area (I'm not just saying C3 due to the year 'Vette I own) there have been times when I've wondered If 99% of the guys on the site buy and drive their 'Vettes only because they have a pocket full of money. And I'm not throwing stones, I'm stating from topics, responses and activity. This isn't the only site, by far, that I frequent, and the knowledge that's thrown around and response time elsewhere is quite different. I made a comment just last week about how dead this site is overall and the lack of interest that's shown (or not shown) here. I suppose because this site had to do with 'Vettes, I expected more and am somewhat let down.
ie: I've, in the past, heard of fun made about the "Lowrider scene," but the "layitlow" site has a WORLD of good in-depth detailed tech about everything from paint to metal and glass fabrication, suspension, engines...Ofcourse the site has it's wild kids, but read on and get great info about ALL and ANYkinds of great craftsmanship.
I suspect that Bob was expecting what I was at one time, and may have been let down. You may have taken Bob out of context, as I may have taken you...

C3 Starship 01-26-2008 11:40 AM

It appears to me, that the majority of our members are C3 owners. It takes some time for responces on other "C" questons. C1's are truely a rare breed, therefore it takes a little time for some questions to be answered. I too watch other sites, and bring info to our forum when I find something of interest. If ya notice, we may have only a few responces on some issues, but there are sometimes a few hundred hits.
Our member count isn't as big as some other sites, but we have some real sharp people here. ;)

Now to address the original post....
If ya go to www.ecklers.com , you may find some manuals that will be of great help. Factory assembly and shop manuals they carry, have been a big help to many Vette owners. Look through their library, you may be surprised at what you find. :)