Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C4 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/)
-   -   headlights are next (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/headlights-next-7768/)

racerrick 09-30-2007 05:54 PM

headlights are next

i put new gears in my headlights today rh works great left side the motor does not run.i have ohms across the motor no power to the connector i checked the connectors they seem to be fine. its a 85 with the 2 wire upgrade i asume they work like window motors reverse polarity motors sounds like the module ha?

rshiver 09-30-2007 06:20 PM

RE: headlights are next

2wire upgrade? do you mean the 88 up system? also, can you turn the motor by hand?

cwb 09-30-2007 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: racerrick

no power to the connector i checked the connectors they seem to be fine.
???

No power to the connector? You mean coming to the connector from the headlight switch?

Connectors are fine?You have voltage coming into the connector from the headlight switch???

rshiver 09-30-2007 07:11 PM

I'm going to assume you have the new type system.

Disconnect both connectors at the module, you have a 4 wire and a 5 wire connector. On the 5 wire connector you have, yellow (A), red (B), white (C), black (D), red (E). Check (B) & (E) and see if you have 12 volts. (B) is for the left motor, (E) for the right motor. If you do, you have voltage to the module. If you're not getting 12 volts to (B), which is the left side, then you could have a bad fusible link or a bad wire.

If there is power to the module, check and see if (A)has 12Vonlywith the headlight switch on . Then check if (C)has 12Vwith the headlight switch off. If you don't, you could have bad wiringor a badheadlight switch.

If everythingabove checks out alright, you have power to the module.

With both connectors still disconnected,open theLH light assembly about half way by hand using the manual knob. Apply 12 voltsand a ground to the green/blackand grey/blackwires on the 4 wire connector. If the motor runs, then you probably have a bad module.

racerrick 10-01-2007 07:13 AM

yes its the 88 up systm and the motor turns free anf locks up and down

racerrick 10-01-2007 07:14 AM

at the 2 wire connector to the motor i have no power there rh light works fine

rshiver 10-01-2007 07:53 AM

Ok...follow the instructionsabove carefully and let us know what find.

racerrick 10-05-2007 05:32 PM

got power to the controller if i run 12v to the motor it turns but jams at the end of the cycle. i turn the know and it cycles the other way and jams again. i asume im not killing the power soon enough and its jaming.if i stop short it eill run both ways with no problem.so i guess its the controllerill have to order 1 monday thanks for you help. oh i left the controller hookes from last week and the new battery was dead i hope the new controller fixes it. i did forget to metion the lh motor would run when ever it felt like it sometimes it woke me up in the middle of the nite thanks again

rshiver 10-05-2007 05:48 PM

Hi Rick....definetly sounds like the control module, at least you know what the problem is now. Should be an easy fix from this point.[sm=smiley20.gif]

cwb 10-05-2007 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: racerrick

. i did forget to metion the lh motor would run when ever it felt like it sometimes it woke me up in the middle of the nite thanks again
[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]HUH??? Wakes you up? You got GOOD hearin' there dude! Unless you sleep in the vette...

Sometimes I do that too, but only when I'm drivin':D:D