Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C4 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/)
-   -   Insurance companies (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/insurance-companies-9347/)

beauchampgl 04-15-2008 08:40 AM

Insurance companies

Does anyone know of an insurance company that covers just vettes, or at least cars that are rarely driven. I just had to change companies as the agnecy I deal with doesn't deal withmy former company anymore. I think I could do better with a specialty company. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

LeesVette 04-15-2008 09:06 AM

RE: Insurance companies

Haggerty or Leland-West. I know Leland-West is for Corvettes and exotics. Very reasonably priced.

CB 04-19-2008 04:05 PM

Full coverage or just liability. I don't carry physical damage on my 96 just lib. Gieco charges me about 90 bucks every six months.

beauchampgl 04-20-2008 09:15 AM

Full coverage. I checked on the two listed by Lee but the difference in cost wasn't enough to make it worthwhile. I guess I'll stick with the one I have now.

YANKEECORVETTE 04-20-2008 11:45 AM

I went w/ antique/ exotic auto insurance ie Northeast Classic auto Insurance.Most insurance companies are web based. My '86 cost me $141 a year w/ total value replacement and 300k liabilty.The only real hit is mile usage limits and you can not use the car as a daily driver.

bucketman 04-20-2008 02:21 PM

I got a great rate from AARP for my 96. It is my third car and you got to be 50 or over. I just switched from American Family, which I had for over thirty years. I saved over $500 a year.

cwb 05-04-2008 10:52 PM

How 'bout FOP or PBA? No connections there?

beauchampgl 05-05-2008 08:20 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. However, after checking around I've found it is just as inexpensive with the company I already have, all things considered. Besides, the way the weather is around here lately, the car won't even get out of the garage this year. Global warming my ass!

Z07coupe 05-09-2008 06:16 AM

I am insured by Heacock. Not a large savings for my Ruby, but I saved hundreds on my Z28 when added to the policy. Limited to 3000 miles. They seemed to be the best 'classic car insurer' I spoke with. Several of the big name bunch forgot whose car I was insuring. One told me that my 30 year old sons could not have a key to my house, because that would give them access to the car. I'll also look at Northeast Classic and AARP. They sound like they may be better for me. BTW, Heacock has a 'key off' policy that insures track cars and racers everywhere except while running on the course.