Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C4 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/)
-   -   picture (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/picture-6750/)

beauchampgl 07-07-2007 05:57 PM

picture

Well, there's the picture. Now am attempting to get it where it belongs. The damn computer keeps popping up this message about an error and if it should notify microsoft or not. I hit don't send then the internet shuts down and I have to get back on line. Something isn't right with the thing, that's for sure.

cwb 07-07-2007 06:03 PM

RE: picture

Umm...

Huh?

beauchampgl 07-07-2007 06:53 PM

The picture is in Superdzzz's 4th of July post. I screwed up the subject heading and that's how the message got here without a picture. I'm trying to get it in with the signature but can't figure out how to get it there. The closest I can get is as part of the message. Computer savvy I'm NOT!

Black86vette 07-07-2007 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: beauchampgl

The picture is in Superdzzz's 4th of July post. I screwed up the subject heading and that's how the message got here without a picture. I'm trying to get it in with the signature but can't figure out how to get it there. The closest I can get is as part of the message. Computer savvy I'm NOT!
BLAHHHHHHH!!!!! :DI saw you yell so I felt like it 2. I feel much better now. COMPUTERS SUCK! Just kidding. I love my computer.[8D]

Superdzzz 07-08-2007 11:44 AM

Hey beau: I try to talk you through this again.

You have to go to your account profile and upload the picture there. If you look up a little bit higher on the screen you will see "My Profile". Click on that. Scroll down to "Set Up Profile Photo".

Click on where it says "Upload my picture (will replace existing one)"

Then basically follow the steps we went through before[8D]

Good look bro[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

beauchampgl 07-08-2007 05:47 PM

SuperDzzz...Did just like you instructed. Said the file was too large. Guess I'm screwed then (unless I take another picture?) Thanks for all the help anyway.

dans87vette 07-08-2007 06:28 PM

Same problem here, I shrunk the picture down to just about nothing and still states "file to large". I couldn't even make the file any small enoughusing Photoshop, something is definitely wrong.

cwb 07-09-2007 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: beauchampgl

SuperDzzz...Did just like you instructed. Said the file was too large. Guess I'm screwed then (unless I take another picture?) Thanks for all the help anyway.
You (and Dan's) probably have the file in the wrong format...

Open it in an image editor, click on save as, then give it a name, and click the drop down in 'save as type'. Go with JEPG (JPG).

If you're already in that format, open the file, click edit,find image size, and look for pixel count, and reduce it by 5% to 10% at a time, and make sure 'keep aspect ratio' is checked. Save and post!

You can do this in Windows 'PAINT'. Click paint, file, open, [find your file by name], image, attributes, change width and heighth. You have to do the math, since 'aspect ratio' no got.

Superdzzz 07-09-2007 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: dans87vette

Same problem here, I shrunk the picture down to just about nothing and still states "file to large". I couldn't even make the file any small enoughusing Photoshop, something is definitely wrong.
I use Microsoft Picture Manager. Open the file using this (it comes with XP Pro) and there is a resizing option that automatically reduces it to email-small.

Otherwise just email you stuff to me and I'll do it for you guys and then email it back.[8D]

Never mind helping others[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

David

repodude43 07-12-2007 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dressed up under hood some.Attachment 2312