Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C4 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/)
-   -   update on the miss (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/update-miss-5826/)

scooterman 05-01-2007 10:03 PM

update on the miss

I put some new ac plats in and it seemed to have done the trick!! It had some bosch +4 in it and they were toast. I run a shop and my rule of thumb has always been to go oe on plugs. if i do an import it gets ngk, chrysler gets champion and so on. any thoughts? Anyway, I'm getting the windows tinted on thursday and I think I'm done for a while. Thanks for the advice
Richard

Black86vette 05-01-2007 10:44 PM

RE: update on the miss

I bought the Bosch 4+ a while b ack because duh, I figured the more numbers the better. It made it idle crappy....I got AC delco RAPIDFIRE plugs along with Taylor 8mm spark plug wires.:)AC delco wires are also good.

scooterman 05-02-2007 01:23 AM

Ijust drove her again, and i got in the throttle and damn!!! this is the first vette for me and it's just an LT1 but I am stoked!! It gets better mileage than my eldo and so much faster.. maybe I'll get laid :)

LeesVette 05-02-2007 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: scooterman

Ijust drove her again, and i got in the throttle and damn!!! this is the first vette for me and it's just an LT1 but I am stoked!! It gets better mileage than my eldo and so much faster.. maybe I'll get laid :)
There is no such thing as just an LT1 Corvette.

Black86vette 05-03-2007 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: LeesVette

Yea there is its a motor with a letter for a name.

LeesVette 05-03-2007 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

It has some deep roots though.

Black86vette 05-03-2007 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

It has some deep roots though.
Yea. So does my oak tree in the front yard. Bout 55 years of deep roots....I call it L-12:)