Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

weather stripping (best price)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Default weather stripping (best price)

Who have you guys found has the best price on weather stripping ?

Old 07-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Default RE: weather stripping (best price)

Not to be the bringer of bad news but weatherstrippinng the cheap **** from midamerica for a package is 500 and it seals like crap. You need to go to GM to get it. Once installed, add sillicone grease to it. It makes it last longer, protect it from uv, and gives it a better seal. Im doing it now with my old crappy stripping just to buy me a little more time because its to expensive and to annoying to mess with.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the info I was just looking at there weather stipping kits this morning. all i need to replace is the stuff arond the windshield.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:41 PM

O. I thought you were doing the whole car. If that was the case with premium GM + someone installing it, I would **Estimate** at around 1500.[:-]Unbelievable for some rubber.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:17 PM

Hey,guys.I also need to replace my weatherstripping around my windshield and the back one,I think it's called the roof panel rear strip.Anyway,I think just about everyone has the same price for them,$149.00.I do need to get it since my car leaks like crazy when it rains,lol!!!

Old 07-01-2007, 04:41 PM

150 dollars for that dinky *** piece on the back???? Let it rain! Mine doesnt leak back there. Just around the doors which kinda sux because I had new speakers put in the doors and sold the old grills because they were ugly, shot, had holes, and needed to be recovered. Now, I try not to drive in the rain and wash it at home with gentle water to keep it from getting wet. Its locked in the garage with a waterproof/moisture/mold resistant/uv treated car cover most of the time unless I am to lazy to pull it in.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:44 PM

Just bought doors and A pilar from a ebay seller(HE HAS AN EBAY STORE) for my 88 conv. the seals are called SUPERsoft and have a 30 year replacement policy guaranteed not to crack or split. They look great and went on easy with all the proper attachment pieces and clips molded into the rubber just like factory. If you go to CorvetteC4, parts ,ebay motors there are half a dozen sellers and the prices are alot better than the big companies we all have delt with in the past.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 PM

I went with an aftermarket kit, now my Targa top is a b!tch to get back on. If I were to do it again, I would get the A and B pillar ( the stripping that sits below targa topincluding down the sides of windows) from GM. The rest of the kit fit okay.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:22 AM

Well I am not too sure about the differences between the inexpensive weatherstripping manufacturers, but I am sure one of them supplied or supplies GM.. Do you really think GM makes their own weatherstripping? I would assume not. Anything to save on labor. Look at all the other foreign parts on the car.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:10 AM

Black86Vette is right. Its an arm and a leg but GM weather stripping is the way to go for fit and finish. If you decide to go aftermarket then get the softest stuff you can find.

Quick Reply: weather stripping (best price)