Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C4 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/)
-   -   window tint shop in Jersey (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/window-tint-shop-jersey-6811/)

Lourib727 07-11-2007 09:34 AM

window tint shop in Jersey

Does anybody know of a good window tint shop in North Jersey? What should I expect to pay (I only want the back window done)? Can they do it in one peice? What should I look for in a shop? Thank.[/align]

diojr 07-12-2007 12:36 PM

RE: window tint shop in Jersey

I have an '89 and my back window was done in 1 peice. They said it was difficult, but it was done.
It cost a little extra because they had to remove the liffters and hindge from the glass.
Look for lifetime warrentee. Sorry, don't know of any places in NJ. Mine was done in elmsford NY.

Superdzzz 07-12-2007 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: diojr

I have an '89 and my back window was done in 1 peice. They said it was difficult, but it was done.
It cost a little extra because they had to remove the liffters and hindge from the glass.
Look for lifetime warrentee. Sorry, don't know of any places in NJ. Mine was done in elmsford NY.
May I ask about how much you paid:)

Please...[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Lourib727 07-12-2007 04:53 PM

I was quoted $165 for the rear window only (in one peice). And an extra $70 for the lifetime guarantee. Seems steep, but since you mentioned removing some parts to get it perfect. It does not seem to bad anymore.

blseals 07-12-2007 09:53 PM

I've not had much luck on my 1990 rear window. I had the rear window done in one piece. They let a computer cut the tint and the holes for the struts were a bit off center but acceptable. Unfortunately, within a month, the tint around where the struts attach to the window peeled. They claimed it was due to stress but redidthe tintanyway as it had a lifetime warranty against peeling. Now, a month later, the tint has peeled around where the window latch attaches so it's back to the shop to be done yet a third time. I hope they get it right this time...

Superdzzz 07-13-2007 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: blseals

I've not had much luck on my 1990 rear window. I had the rear window done in one piece. They let a computer cut the tint and the holes for the struts were a bit off center but acceptable. Unfortunately, within a month, the tint around where the struts attach to the window peeled. They claimed it was due to stress but redidthe tintanyway as it had a lifetime warranty against peeling. Now, a month later, the tint has peeled around where the window latch attaches so it's back to the shop to be done yet a third time. I hope they get it right this time...
Be persistent. That's how they make money on that "Lifetime" deal by people not bothering to go back;)