Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C5 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/)
-   -   Cold climates-Do you drive Vette in Winter? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/cold-climates-do-you-drive-vette-winter-7031/)

Maytes 07-26-2007 10:06 AM

Cold climates-Do you drive Vette in Winter?

and if so do you put on snows?

bm2brown 07-26-2007 10:49 AM

RE: Cold climates-Do you drive Vette in Winter?

i do not. i stop after the roads get wet or snow hits the ground. i live inthekansas city area so you never no what the weather will do here , pluse the stuff they put on the roads here. so the black car and red car stay inside until nice weather .

chargedvette02 07-26-2007 12:21 PM

I drive mine in the winter here in Colorado but I never drive it when it snows or if there is even a chance in the forcast that it's going to snow.

gmaredd 07-26-2007 12:42 PM

I don't drive in the winter here in Idaho. Park the vette from about November 1 till April unless we have really nice weather.

b777_uk_2000 07-26-2007 01:49 PM

I asked exactly the same question last year and ended up buying a 2000 ford exploder. Just as well really as we got quite a bit of snow in Seattle last December (more than usual, obviously not as much as other areas).

blueshark 07-26-2007 10:30 PM

I live in middle earth...uh!... wait a minute...sorry......middle Tennessee and I drivemy '87all year unless it's raining or there is snow on the roads. Actually the rain is worse than the snow with the 40's all around. Talk about hydro-planing.

Javette 08-01-2007 06:54 PM

Now that I'm living in NC vs NE Ohio....year round Corvette

riley 08-02-2007 09:09 AM

I put it away around thanksgiving here in northern Indiana and get it out around April. There are plenty of days in between that I could drive it but I'm afraid that the crap that they put down for the snow and ice will eat up the car. I don't even drive the vette if it's going to rain.

I have a 4WD tundra with snow tires for the winter. Plus I put snow tires on my dd (a Camry) in the winter and drive it if the roads are not going to be real bad.

Fedge 08-29-2007 09:51 PM

13 of my 15 years driving nothing but sports cars year round, the 4wd has spoiled me for the last 2

...if there is snow down ora threat of it, I think I will put Vader in the garage and pull out Ol' Bessie;)

PAY2PLAY 08-30-2007 12:13 AM

I don't drive my Vette if there is a chance of any bad weather (snow, rain, etc...). I will however drive it during the winter if there is no snow on the ground and I'm getting tried of going to work in a 4 door sedan everyday.