Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C5 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/)
-   -   Which Color Looks Best on a Corvette? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/color-looks-best-corvette-3490/)

Pecemkr 10-12-2006 02:15 AM

Which Color Looks Best on a Corvette?

Try to be objective even if your own vette is of a different color. :)

PAY2PLAY 10-12-2006 02:37 AM

RE: Which Color Looks Best on a Corvette?

That a tough question. As much as I love the classy nature of my Silver, Black still holds a special place in my heart as one of the best colors (when clean of course). I think the only color that doesn't really do anything for me on Vettes is white. I typically love white cars, but something about the Vette in white just doesn't excite me. To make a long story short I picked Blue because its been my favorite color for years and I couldn't choose between Black and Silver.

bluwolf 10-12-2006 07:27 AM

Nassau Blue to be specific. That's why I couldn't walk away from the one I just bought. I also like silver and black. But I would much rather admire someone else's black Vette. WAY less work:D

rjensen 10-12-2006 02:07 PM

I voted black, but I do also like the burgundy or I don't know what you call it. Looks like a dark bing cherry to me . . . whatever, I think it looks HOTTTT!

bobalou 10-12-2006 10:25 PM

I love Black on a Corvette, I think I have the same model as you pacemkr, Loved the C 6 wheels on yours,

C3 Starship 10-13-2006 01:40 AM

This is a tough one.......:eek:
I Love "candy" colors (dark blue or deeeep red). Gun Metal Gray looks good too. I settled with black.
There is a mysterious quality, kinda like the "Men In Black", the whole secret agent type thing, if you will. Then trim in Gold!;)

Pecemkr 10-13-2006 04:11 AM

ORIGINAL: bobalou

I love Black on a Corvette, I think I have the same model as you pacemkr, Loved the C 6 wheels on yours,
thanks bobalou! :)

kelleyh3 12-20-2006 04:39 AM

My '04 is "LeMans Blue"... And I love it more each day!

PAY2PLAY 12-20-2006 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: kelleyh3

My '04 is "LeMans Blue"... And I love it more each day!

If I ever decide to move up to a C6 it is definitely going to be LeMans Blue. I love that color on the C6 with the chrome wheels.

Navy Flyboy 12-20-2006 03:24 PM

Black with Chrome wheels and Chrome Inserts in the letters. If it's a Z06, that son of a gun will have Red stripes too

romeo04 12-21-2006 03:10 AM

It's got to be the Magnet Red color... not the fire red... aka, "pull me over red" but the burgundy color schemeRJensen made note about and questioned its color name. By the way, I will admit my vote is biased because I own a 2004 Magnet Red Corvette. :)

94blackC4 12-21-2006 08:00 AM

Black.... I dont know why i said that... ;);)

Matt

firefightergib 12-21-2006 05:16 PM

i personally love the electron blue and I ahve a black c5 and it is such a pain to keepit clean

predator 12-21-2006 08:35 PM

where is the maroon from the 50th?

-me

blueshark 12-21-2006 10:07 PM

which color doesn't look good on a vette?....hell even dayglow pink would look good.

Str8upChevy 12-22-2006 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

That a tough question. As much as I love the classy nature of my Silver, Black still holds a special place in my heart as one of the best colors (when clean of course). I think the only color that doesn't really do anything for me on Vettes is white. I typically love white cars, but something about the Vette in white just doesn't excite me. To make a long story short I picked Blue because its been my favorite color for years and I couldn't choose between Black and Silver.
Great minds think alike buddy:D:D I think my Sig picture proves I agree with your opinion. I was up in the airbetween black and silver before I bought the Vette,but I thinkBlack is defintely my favorite color when it comes to most any nice sports/muscle car. As long as it's kept detailed and doesn't show a lot of swirl marks,..[&:]......I cringe whenI see people washing their black car with one of thosetan sheepskin looking wash-mitts. Or worse yet, seeing a nice black car pulling out of a automatic carwash.[:@] Both black and white cars IMO are the two hardest colors to keep clean, but when they are clean.....they both look reallygood!

WhenI getmy nextone, I'm almost positive it will be a silver Z06. ;)

moscooter 12-22-2006 01:53 PM

Depends on what message you're trying to send. Elegant/classy looking, top choice is the magnetic red (burgundy) color a ($600 option, by the way). Black looks good too. Bright yellow screams "look at me"......imo:eek:

Navy Flyboy 12-22-2006 08:02 PM

Well I love Black, as I said before, but what do you wash it with? I always use a sponge on everything I've ever washed.

BluBeaSSt 12-23-2006 06:58 PM

I voted Corvette Red, but i love Lemans Blue and Speedway White

PAY2PLAY 12-24-2006 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

Well I love Black, as I said before, but what do you wash it with? I always use a sponge on everything I've ever washed.
If you want to watch a really good video on the proper way to detail a car you should check out the AdamsCar Care Products website. Here is a link: http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/

Navy Flyboy 12-24-2006 06:11 PM

Dude, you need a hug, Pay. I now found a whole lot of last minute Christmas presents I want. Man, some of the stuff some of that stuff did was freaking amazing. I now know how I'm going to treat my Corvette when I get it.

PAY2PLAY 12-24-2006 07:05 PM

As I just wrote in another post, there are some really good tips in there, and there are a few things that I don't plan to do. But all-in-all its a pretty good video.

kuwait_vette 09-23-2007 05:31 AM

Black is the king
although i have dark red corvette but i'm thinking of making it black
but i hate to remove the origenal color :(

bados 09-23-2007 08:04 AM

My car is a Navy Blue Metalic that seems to change colors in the sunlight. When I saw it, I had to have it. But there is just something about yellow I like, so I voted that way.

cwb 09-23-2007 04:21 PM

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...A240_SH20_.jpg

black.

cwb 09-23-2007 04:21 PM

dup post...

Fedge 09-28-2007 08:05 PM

Black just looks so sinister..makes the Vette look more menacing