Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

2003 50th Anv Skunkwerks Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 05:47 PM
Default 2003 50th Anv Skunkwerks Speedster

Hello fellow Vette lovers. Im new to this forum. I have a few questions for you all. I have a chance to buy a 2003 50th Aniversity Skunkwerks Speedster. It has only 29,000 miles on it. I have never seen a C5 like it. The web has little info on it. My questions?
1. Dose anybody know the production # of this car?
2. The car is in pristine condition and only has 29,000 miles
3. How much is it worth?

Old 11-26-2018, 04:53 AM

No one out there has any info on this Corvette. I surfed the web and got very little info on it. I know the history and how it came to be. I would love to have current specs on this car. Guess I will look elsewear....

Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Did you try asking the seller for more information on it? Personally I've never heard of it before.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:48 PM

Got some info.

“This unique 50th anniversary 2003 Corvette is one of a limited number of “Speedsters” built by Skunk Werkes. Truly a work of art, with its 10” shorter

than stock chopped windshield and a new custom manufactured convertible top allowing the open air driving enthusiast an opportunity to really open it up.

This Corvette is a high tech version of the speedsters reminiscent of yesteryear.

When the C5 Design Chief and Corvette Hall of Fame John Cafaro, along with former platform engineer Henry Lovino created the “Speedster” they created

The Skunk Werkes body kit to work in perfect design harmony with the already beautiful C5.

The Skunk Werkes body kit consists of:

A rear spoiler, Front Canards, and a custom high rise hood. Also, to complete the wide body look created by the chopped windscreen and a wide rear spoiler, specially designed exhaust “cans” were sourced from Corsa.

Completing the package are color matched interior accents, LED display and sport Roll bars from RK Sport, 19” chromed forged aluminum wheels front and 20” rear, and topped off with a one-of-a-kind “Ghost Flamed” paint job. A 6-speed manual Trans. The motor is unmolested making the car a reliable Daily Driver and easy to smog.”

It's a legit Vette. What I mean is it came from the factory like it is. I did find out that the paint job wasn't stock. They came in Aniversity Silver.

Exterior pix.

The Interior.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Did a search online and the first thing that came up for Corvette skunk werkes was an article from Corvette Magazine. The article is in issue 65 of the magazine. I have a copy of it that I looked up the article in and it's pretty informative so it might be just what you're looking for.