Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C5 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/)
-   -   Just smoked a 350Z today! (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/just-smoked-350z-today-3027/)

Pecemkr 09-10-2006 12:19 AM

Just smoked a 350Z today!

Well, I guess my youthful exhuberance is still alive and kicking......I just came home from smoking a new 350Z on the 60 West Freeway here in California. He took off ahead of me but I slammed the gas pedal down and soon I was not only catching up to him but I was passing him. After it was clear who the victor was I slowed down and switched lanes....he slowed down too but he passed me on my left, lowered his window and gave me a thumbs up...I lowered my window and reciprocated with a combination thumbs up and head nod ;)

It felt like a gentlemanly race! All that was missing was the grey poupon.....but of course!! :D
I have no idea how fast we were going because my adrenaline was pumping hard! But, it felt real goooooooooooooooooooood!!! :D

rjensen 09-10-2006 01:37 AM

RE: Just smoked a 300Z today!

Oh, Homie!
I am so proud of you and the Black Stallion!
Speed, class, and style . . . what more can I say.

Rock on, and keep the great stories and pictures coming. :)
Rita

corvette king 09-10-2006 01:49 AM

ORIGINAL: rufaryif

Well, I guess my youthful exhuberance is still alive and kicking......I just came home from smoking a new 300Z on the 60 West Freeway here in California. He took off ahead of me but I slammed the gas pedal down and soon I was not only catching up to him but I was passing him. After it was clear who the victor was I slowed down and switched lanes....he slowed down too but he passed me on my left, lowered his window and gave me a thumbs up...I lowered my window and reciprocated with a combination thumbs up and head nod ;)

It felt like a gentlemanly race! All that was missing was the grey poupon.....but of course!! :D
I have no idea how fast we were going because my adrenaline was pumping hard! But, it felt real goooooooooooooooooooood!!! :D

way to go on your victory......time to put a noch on your belt.... kick the tires and lite the fires.....amen

Pecemkr 09-11-2006 04:54 AM

I must admit....it was a rush!!!

TopSpeed 09-12-2006 02:50 PM

That's a 3rd cup of coffee in the mornin', I tell you whut! Way cool. [8D]

Pecemkr 09-13-2006 12:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tell ya what corvette king.....that's one sharp looking vette......that's an eye catcher!!!

Attachment 2950

knob 09-15-2006 05:09 PM

Hey rufaryif,
Where can I purchase a Mass Air Flow Sensor W/ Cold Air Tune? Approximately how much was it and hwo much performace does it help? I have the K&N cold air FIPK and am doing the headers and exhaust next. Wonder if the MAF sensor will birng in some more ponies

Pecemkr 09-15-2006 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: knob

Hey rufaryif,
Where can I purchase a Mass Air Flow Sensor W/ Cold Air Tune? Approximately how much was it and hwo much performace does it help? I have the K&N cold air FIPK and am doing the headers and exhaust next. Wonder if the MAF sensor will birng in some more ponies

I bought mine from my mechanic at Corvette Specialty of California. But you can go online at http://jdsperformance.com/index.asp?...nlist&inmake=0 and pick one up. They claim up to 22 HP increase but keep in mind those figures are often used as lure to get us to buy the product. I sense more power in my vette but I made other modifications at the same time I had the sensor installed so I cannot say with any degree of accuracy how much power was added by installing the mass air flow sensor. Hope that helps!