Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Mishimoto Performance C6 Radiator Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 03:28 PM
Default Mishimoto Performance C6 Radiator Thread

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to get the ball rolling and announce that we're starting development on a performance radiator for the C6 'Vette. We'll be really kicking things off on Friday with a Z06 coming in for a closer inspection from our engineers.

I'll be your guide through the project and make sure that I post updates as we go, and we might also need to check out some of the other trim levels as well, so drop me a line if you're willing to loan us your Corvette and are in the Delaware/Philly/Maryland area.

Feel free to ask any questions or drop any suggestions you might have!

-Nick

Old 04-17-2018, 09:22 AM

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump this up and let you guys know we're still plugging away at this project! I'll have a blog update for you guys coming this week, and our loaner Z06 is coming to visit again tomorrow, and this time it's an extended stay on the dyno

-Nick

Old 04-19-2018, 09:18 AM

Hey Guys!

Happy Thursday! As promised, I have some more content for you guys coming hot from our Engineering Blog

I don't have to explain to you guys the extended pedigree that comes along with the Corvette badge. You live it every time that you get behind the wheel. I'm sure many of you also know that the cooling system that was installed from the factory in the C6 isn't exactly the greatest.

One would assume that with the sheer size of the V8's Chevy equipped in the C6 that the radiators' size would match. It was almost the opposite story once we peeled back the shrouding on our loaned Z06.

Make sure you head over the the Engineering Blog to get a full look at the C6's stock cooling system!

And, as always, feel free to shoot me any comments questions or concerns you might have!

-Nick

Old 05-11-2018, 09:32 AM

Hey Guys!

I'm back again with another update in our C6 radiator development! As always, make sure you head over to the Engineering Blog for the full story!

One would think that after over 50 years of being the pinnacle of American performance some extra thought would have been put into the cooling system. That’s not the American way, though. Automotive radiators have vastly improved since 1953, and when it came time for the C5’s successor, it’s almost as if Chevy was more interested in equipping the largest V8 possible rather than overhauling the cooling system.

Having this wide array of stock radiator options really threw a wrench in the plan to have a one rad to rule them all option. Luckily we were able to find the right radiator that would fit across the board. With the dimensions clear, we were able to fabricate a fitment prototype in order to get us ready for sampling.

Make sure you head over to the blog to see what other improvements we're making to your C6 Radiator!

Also, here's a little taste as to what you can expect from our dyno testing:

Corvette Race Simulation

-Nick

Old 07-25-2018, 08:31 AM

Hey Guys!

Happy Wednesday! We're back with the final installment of our journey to keep your C6 cool on the track. Make sure you head over to the Engineering Blog to get the specifics on our Corvette Radiator testing

It’s been three months since our loaner Z06 last bellowed throughout the shop, but our ears are still ringing. The C6 is the very definition (more like DEAFinition) of the American sports coupe. Boisterous doesn’t even begin to describe our loaner Corvette. By now, though, we all know how hot these cars are, both figuratively and literally. We’re finally at the point where we can test and see just how much of that actual heat we can remove with our new aluminum radiator.

Since the Corvette is built to spend its time at track days, we wanted to make sure it could handle the heat of the race circuit. With that, we ran the C6 Corvette in a simulator around the Hatch Brands Indy Circuit, all while recording engine load, and throttle position. With this data we were able to design a program on our Dynapack system that replicated the stress our simulated Z06 experienced on the track and applied it to the actual one here in the R&D facility.

Using the controlled repeatably of our race simulation program, we were able to gather a more accurate, and realistic comparison of how our improved radiator design keeps your Corvette cool compared to the stock equipment. For a look at those results make sure you head over to our Engineering Blog , and check out our full length video outlining the development process.

For those of you looking to upgrade your Corvette's cooling system today, you're in luck! Make sure to head over to our website to get in on the discounted presale!

2005-2013 Chevrolet Corvette Performance Aluminum Radiator

As always, feel free to shoot me any questions you might have!

-Nick