Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C6 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c6-forum-11/)
-   -   New Zoomers Customer! (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c6-forum-11/new-zoomers-customer-2004/)

808bullitt 06-02-2006 08:26 PM

New Zoomers Customer!

New member here also. I spoke with Ron at Zoomers today and ordered their exhaust for my C6 Z-51. First, I must say that Ron was quite helpful and gladly answered any questions. I was leaning toward the Corsa Sport Exhaust, but decided to go with Zoomers after speaking with Ron. He said system will ship next Friday. I cant wait....will try to do a follow up post after installation.

shoeless 06-04-2006 04:32 PM

RE: New Zoomers Customer!

Hey there, and welcome!
I'll be looking forward to you sharing your follow-up and review :)

Aperformance 06-23-2006 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: 808bullitt

New member here also. I spoke with Ron at Zoomers today and ordered their exhaust for my C6 Z-51. First, I must say that Ron was quite helpful and gladly answered any questions. I was leaning toward the Corsa Sport Exhaust, but decided to go with Zoomers after speaking with Ron. He said system will ship next Friday. I cant wait....will try to do a follow up post after installation.

I was just wondering if you got your Zoomers installed. :eek:

808bullitt 06-26-2006 09:37 PM

Yup, got it installed a few days ago. Here are my impressions....
-Very good quality system
-I do feel a performance difference.
-I like the look of the dual tips, really cleans up the rear
-The tone of the exhaust is exotic and mean sounding, I like it!

My one dissappointment with the system is that I wish it were a bit louder! This is ironic in that when I was shopping for an exhaust, one big concern was that it not be too LOUD!

Ron, will the system get louder after a while? If not, any suggestions to make it louder? (short of adding headers, the wife wont go for that:D)

Aperformance 06-28-2006 03:33 PM

Glad you like the system... We sell hundreds of systems on car forums like this one and most of our customers do say our systems get deeper and meaner with a few 1000 miles. I'd wait a while and see... We went to great lengths to address the cabin resonance and drone issues for the Corvette system, so there are some trade off's in volume to control the drone. The louder systems out there seem to have these type of drone issues. If you still feel the system is too quiet for you, you could remove the two center resonators between the x-pipe and the rear mufflers. Maybe we could offer the systems both ways for the guys who like it a little louder.

ORIGINAL: 808bullitt

Yup, got it installed a few days ago. Here are my impressions....
-Very good quality system
-I do feel a performance difference.
-I like the look of the dual tips, really cleans up the rear
-The tone of the exhaust is exotic and mean sounding, I like it!

My one dissappointment with the system is that I wish it were a bit louder! This is ironic in that when I was shopping for an exhaust, one big concern was that it not be too LOUD!

Ron, will the system get louder after a while? If not, any suggestions to make it louder? (short of adding headers, the wife wont go for that:D)

808bullitt 06-28-2006 06:56 PM

I'm glad to hear the the system may get louder as the miles roll on. Actually my system has definitely gotten louder since it was first installed. If it just gets a little louder it will be perfect to me. The system makes driving my Vette so much more enjoyable!

Also I think it would be a great idea to offer a more aggressive system. I've seen a lot of posts where guys say something like..."yeah, the Zoomers is nice, but its too quiet!" Seems to me that a lot of Vette owners DO want something really LOUD!!! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Thanks for a great product [sm=gears.gif]

808bullitt 07-03-2006 09:48 PM

UPDATE.............

So I've been driving my car a lot trying to see if it will get any louder, but I think now its about as loud as its gonna get. Still not loud enough for me, so I spoke with Ron @ Zoomers and he said he will make me a new X pipe w/o the resonators. I think this will get me to where I want to be! Guess I'll be the guinea pig for this set up, and if it works out maybe Zoomers will offer two different systems like Corsa, B&B, Borla etc... I'll report back when I make the switch;)

spdnvet 07-04-2006 12:06 AM

Just got the exhaust installed last week. As soon as the car started, I noticed the difference. I had a very good experience with Zoomers. Ron was great to deal with.
I did not tell my family and my son noticed the exhaust tips and asked me if I got a new exhaust. Today, when I came home and drove the car inside the garage and came into the house, my wife asked if I got a new exhaust.
When I start the car up in the morning, my sons room is above the garage and it wakes him up.

If you want to know more, send me an email. If you live close to Rancho Cucamonga and you want to hear the car, let me know and we can meet.

Thanks Zoomers

AZC6 07-07-2006 11:28 AM

Based upon a lot of positive reviews on the Zoomers system for the C6. I ordered a system from them yesterday.
I hope it's everything that you guys claim it is. Low or no drone, nice tone through the RPM range and a few extra horses!

Aperformance 07-07-2006 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: spdnvet

Just got the exhaust installed last week. As soon as the car started, I noticed the difference. I had a very good experience with Zoomers. Ron was great to deal with.
I did not tell my family and my son noticed the exhaust tips and asked me if I got a new exhaust. Today, when I came home and drove the car inside the garage and came into the house, my wife asked if I got a new exhaust.
When I start the car up in the morning, my sons room is above the garage and it wakes him up.

If you want to know more, send me an email. If you live close to Rancho Cucamonga and you want to hear the car, let me know and we can meet.

Thanks Zoomers

Please give us an update on your exhaust, we want to know what your thoughts are on performance and sound... Here are some photos of your C6 A6, thank you again for your business. Ron

[IMG]local://upfiles/1856/5B76E5E82175497D87CE5E095F619C87.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1856/28B90A8F2CEA4FBDBBD290FABD8CCD4B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1856/17841FE254F04B24BDD695B7856CDB8E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1856/57B9E3C70A4C4C84AA2E950CAD013566.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1856/34DE4F96F5854A0A8F7358785586C6BB.jpg[/IMG]