Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C6 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c6-forum-11/)
-   -   playing mp3 (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c6-forum-11/playing-mp3-2826/)

thumper101 08-25-2006 03:54 PM

playing mp3

My new 2006 is supposed to play mp3 cd's.It will play the music but will not show the name of the band or title of the song that I typed while burning on my computer.I copy my music from cd's that I have bought.I normally just copy the cd or make a greatest hit cd.I normally only put around 17-20 tracks on a disc.Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

TopSpeed 08-30-2006 03:56 PM

RE: playing mp3

Standards are almost non-existant in this area... the problem will lie in your burning software with it being incompatible with your stereo system. Your stereo manufacturer should have a Owners Manual that tells you in more detail the correct software/method to use to burn those CD's for full operability.

corvette king 08-30-2006 07:26 PM

YA WHAT TOP SPEED SAID:D..LOL

XXrider 12-06-2006 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: thumper101

My new 2006 is supposed to play mp3 cd's.It will play the music but will not show the name of the band or title of the song that I typed while burning on my computer.I copy my music from cd's that I have bought.I normally just copy the cd or make a greatest hit cd.I normally only put around 17-20 tracks on a disc.Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Why would you only put 20 mp3's on a CD??? That's the same as a normal audio CD. With mp3's, you should easily get more than 150 songs on there... you defeat the whole purpose of mp3 compression. Not to mention, the mp3 capability of a C6 with the full touch screen nav/sound system can use folders on an mp3 CD to categorize music, much to the envy of many people with regular mp3 systems that simply do one, massive, mp3 list. Even if you don't, you're not taking advantage of your mp3 capability.

However, if that's your choice... with mp3 files it's not what you title the file that counts - it's what the file's properties have listed within it that show up on your display. Try this: go to Windows Explorer and right-click on your mp3 file. Open properties for that file, then summary, and select advanced. Whatever is in the "artist" (under the music heading) and "title" (under the description heading) is what will show during playback. If these are wrong or missing, you'll see whatever your file has listed there. You can either correct them in Windows Explorer and "apply", or get software that rips your songs and does this automatically.

I have used "Audiograbber" for several years, myself. It does a perfect job of ripping audio to mp3's and labelling them correctly. Everyone I've turned onto it agrees. Try it.

Sounds to me, as mentioned in some previous replies, that your software sounds like the culprit.

Let me know if you need help.

'rider

SilverSurfer 12-25-2006 07:37 PM

I used nero and had no problem. I believe that even MS Media Player will burn properly.

aeronos 12-28-2006 01:41 AM

I have the factory navigation system with the CD/DVD player ... it doesn't play MP3's at all. What a piece of junk!

Navy Flyboy 12-28-2006 02:02 AM

How do you get it as an mp3 file? All I can rip it as is m4u or WMA. WTF???????? I need help. I want to burn an mp3 cd but I can't. I'm stuck.

aeronos 12-28-2006 02:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

How do you get it as an mp3 file? All I can rip it as is m4u or WMA. WTF???????? I need help. I want to burn an mp3 cd but I can't. I'm stuck.
Here's how to make the best MP3s:
1) Download and install Audio Grabber
2) Download and install WinLAME
3) Download and install Nero Burning ROM
4) Put your music CD into your CD Drive.
5) Open AudioGrabber, pick a place to grab the files, and "RIP" the files off the CD into .wav format
6) Open WinLAME, open the .wav files you just created, and follow the steps to create high quality MP3s
7) Open Nero, make a "data" disk, and copy the files to a new CD and burn it.

Hope that helps.

Navy Flyboy 12-28-2006 02:45 AM

Well I'm in the process of ripping them as I type. I sure hope this works. The Impala is supposed to show titles, but I've never been able to get it into mp3 format so maybe this will do the trick.

aeronos 12-28-2006 02:53 AM

The MP3 CDs I've created in Nero have worked on every MP3 player I've tried (with titles working).