Corvette C7 Forum 2014+
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding heat/air to LT1 Stingray seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 04:48 PM
Wink Adding heat/air to LT1 Stingray seats

Hi all,

I'm very new here, in fact this is my first post! Yea for me! So please be gentle!! LOL...

Ok, so I've got a brand new '16 C7 Stingray LT1. Got it new at a great deal, last '16 on the lot and dealer was dying to get rid of it. Anyway, yes, it was an LT1 and as a result does not have some of the features I'd like to have, such as heated and cooled seats.

I'm planning to have my seats recovered and at the same time have those pain in the a$$ bolsters softened.
Anyway, I was figuring that since the seats will be out and taken apart, it would be a good time to see about adding heat/air to them.
Adding heating pads seems to be easy enough, there are kits available for that. What I have not been able to find is a cooling kit for it.

Here are my questions:
1. Anyone know of a cooling (fan) kit for C7 seats?
2. Since cooling is an available factory feature, would the holes for mounting the fans into the seats already be there? It seems the perforated seat covers are already on the seats, I'm thinking the mounts for the fans may also be there.

Anyone attempted this before? Also, I'm open to ideas about other types of improvements. Is there anything that I should consider doing while the seats are out and being recovered?

Old 02-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

When I added factory options to my 73, I looked them up in the parts catalog and ordered them from the parts dept. A little harder to do today since the catalog is computerized but you can befriend a parts guy to look the stuff up. A donut delivery helps.

FWIW, seat cooling isn't that great. I have it on my Tahoe You will need perforated seat covers for the air to blow thru.

Good luck with your project and report back how it turns out.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:09 PM

i dont know, but FYI the c7 seats are not cooling !! its just ventilation !!

so if the atmosphere in the car is 22c then you get air ventilation of 22c to your back BUT if its 50c like where i live its like setting on fire

Old 10-12-2017, 02:55 PM

Hey rychlicki

How many miles do you have on your LT1 if you don't mind me asking?