Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/general-tech-9/)
-   -   how do I shut off my anti theft alarm??? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/general-tech-9/how-do-i-shut-off-my-anti-theft-alarm-4041/)

thefourshaws 11-22-2006 08:18 PM

how do I shut off my anti theft alarm???

I just got my 1986 vette yesterday, and somehow today I turned on the security system (don't know how I did it) and now everytime I open the door it goes off....How do I shut it OFF????
Thank you

mech259 11-23-2006 11:05 PM

RE: how do I shut off my anti theft alarm???

Use the door key and lock and unlock the door. Try both doors because there is a switch on the key tumbler that activates and deactivates alarm. [8D]

Black86vette 11-24-2006 06:20 PM

[sm=exactly.gif] I would just assume pluck out the fuse. It doesnt bother me so I dont mind. If it keeps my car from being hot-wires its some use. Also supposedly car jackers drill thru the battery and let the acid leak out so it disables the alarm so I installed the battery protector. Good investment.

C3 Starship 11-25-2006 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

[sm=exactly.gif] I would just assume pluck out the fuse. It doesnt bother me so I dont mind. If it keeps my car from being hot-wires its some use. Also supposedly car jackers drill thru the battery and let the acid leak out so it disables the alarm so I installed the battery protector. Good investment.
[sm=dontgetit.gif]
If the thief is tryin' to disable your alarm, how can he drill a hole in your battery without setting off the alarm?
Doesn't sound like much of an alarm system to me.:eek:You might need to get an alarm-alarm.:D
I heard an alarm once, that was a proximity alarm. All you had to do was get within 3 or 4 feet, and the alarm would go off. "Back Away From The Car!" The warning would continue. If you hung around for like 30 seconds then the horn would start honking.

Black86vette 11-25-2006 02:43 PM

I dont know. I saw that in the MADvette magazine. It said thats what the battery shield is and I qoute "Theifs drill a hole in the side of the battery to DISABLE the battery. I dont know why....So I bought the battery shield. I was just stating the point that the "magazine" said but as we all know most of its just bull$hit...so Id rather be safe than sorry. I have the vats, and a electronic "Viper" alarm. Battery shield also and keep it parked far away from others and try not to drive it at night where I must park it.

Black86vette 11-25-2006 02:45 PM

I dont know. I saw that in the MADvette magazine. It said thats what the battery shield is and I qoute "Theifs drill a hole in the side of the battery to DISABLE the battery. I dont know why....So I bought the battery shield. I was just stating the point that the "magazine" said but as we all know most of its just bull$hit...so Id rather be safe than sorry. I have the vats, and a electronic "Viper" alarm. Battery shield also and keep it parked far away from others and try not to drive it at night where I must park it.
One more thing I was talkn about disabling the V.A.T.S Not a regular alarm which I think you thought I was talking about. I was assuming that he did not have a "actual" alarm. Now ifyou have a regular alarm NO DUH....HOPEFULLY it would go off. The vats is for hotwiring.....so:eek:

C3 Starship 11-25-2006 02:53 PM

O.K., now I get it. I wasn't sure what a VAT is.
Still, with the bat dead, how would ya hot wire?
I'm still in the '60s, never grew up, I guess!:eek:
This tech stuff is above my head.[sm=imsorry.gif]

Black86vette 11-25-2006 04:06 PM

Hell if i no about the hot wiring kinda stupid huh. I suppose they would either just break in to steal stuff or pop a new battery in when they got the door open. Oh well Idc im not a thief. Take the car. I got insurance and they will eventually get caught. YAY new car. Ahh those talking alarms are pretty nice but pricey too. Bit to classy for me.

3BlkC4Ragtop 12-17-2006 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

...to me.:eek:You might need to get an alarm-alarm.:D

lol @ Starship alarm-alarm

gorichb 12-17-2006 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

[sm=dontgetit.gif]
If the thief is tryin' to disable your alarm, how can he drill a hole in your battery without setting off the alarm?
Doesn't sound like much of an alarm system to me.:eek:You might need to get an alarm-alarm.:D
I heard an alarm once, that was a proximity alarm. All you had to do was get within 3 or 4 feet, and the alarm would go off. "Back Away From The Car!" The warning would continue. If you hung around for like 30 seconds then the horn would start honking.

I had an alarm once that I was able to program my own voice in it. MAN, that was fun, I could say all kinds of cool things, Hahahaha