Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   1st Vette (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/1st-vette-4480/)

Kevo98 12-25-2006 03:41 PM

1st Vette

Just purchased and will be picking up my first Vette. Been waiting to get one since 1972 (when I was exposed to a brand new yellow 454). Every time I got close to purchasing one something always came up (marriage, kids, larger house, etc) but this time It was do or die. At 43 I figured if I didn't start collecting Vette's now I might never. So I bought a numbers matching 1971 LT1, excellent driver that has a decent second paint job. I feel that its a great entry level Vette either to restore or trade up. Looking forward to getting lots of info and pointers from other Vette owners and hopefully I can someday pass along something.
I tried to attach a picture but no luck.
Kev

C3 Starship 12-25-2006 05:26 PM

RE: 1st Vette

Welcome to CF!:)
All I got for Christmas, was a flywheel! :D:D:D
(to go on my new 454) ;)

PAY2PLAY 12-25-2006 07:07 PM

Hey Kev, welcome to the site and Merry Christmas. Good to have you here.

gorichb 12-25-2006 09:23 PM

Welcome to the forum, and Congrats on the purchase

Kobegotskillz 12-26-2006 12:35 AM

Congrats on your "do or die" purchase and welcome to the site. If you need help posting pictures, please let me know. I'll be happy to help.

blueshark 12-26-2006 12:51 AM

Welcome aboard Kev. Sounds like a great ride. jump in and join the fun. Cheers

Kevo98 12-30-2006 07:01 PM

Well I finally picked up the Vette and got it on the road. Overall I am very happy with it. Trying to get as much cruising in as possible before putting it away when the snow starts to fall. I have been trying to attach pictures but no matter what I do it comes up an error message.. I tried different photos, even a different camera but no luck. I tried to post the same picture on Plowsite's test forum and it worked there. For some reason I cannot post it, or an avatar. Somewhere down the line I will get it figured out.

Kevo98 01-10-2007 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Kobegotskillz

Congrats on your "do or die" purchase and welcome to the site. If you need help posting pictures, please let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Well I tried posting pics as per the sites requirements but just cannot seem to get them to download. I have resized them using photoshop but no luck. I even tried them at 1/2 the maximum size. I posted the pics on Plowsite's test area and they worked fine. I also tried using the photo re-sizing site recommended. I was able to post a few pictures in the gallery section under "My 1971 LT1". I am open for suggestions.
Thanks, Kev

Kobegotskillz 01-10-2007 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Kevo98

ORIGINAL: Kobegotskillz

Well I tried posting pics as per the sites requirements but just cannot seem to get them to download. I have resized them using photoshop but no luck. I even tried them at 1/2 the maximum size. I posted the pics on Plowsite's test area and they worked fine. I also tried using the photo re-sizing site recommended. I was able to post a few pictures in the gallery section under "My 1971 LT1". I am open for suggestions.
Thanks, Kev

Try hosting them at www.imageshack.comOnce you upload it there, they'll provide the link you'll need to post here in the message.