New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Introduction!

Old 07-22-2013, 04:04 AM
Default Introduction!

Hey everyone!

I just registered on the forums today and just wanted to take a moment to say hello to all the enthusiasts and introduce myself. As the forum handle and my profile suggest I'm an active duty Sergeant in the Army.

I will be purchasing my first Corvette, (currently looking at a 2008 Coupe, LT3 with Z51 package) when I return from my current deployment around December~ time frame. Until then, I'll probably just be poking my nose around the C6 forums trying to learn as much as I can.

My first Mentor during the beginning of my career drove a C5Z and really started me on my path to loving Corvettes. I am stationed in Augusta, GA and will be trying to purchase, and if I purchase a stock vehicle, have some *tasteful* modifications installed before I PCS to Hawaii around the start of summer.

Anyways, Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this and im looking forward to gathering knowledge and hopefully purchasing from the forums when the time comes, cheers!

V/R

BigSarge

Old 07-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your Corvette.

Thank you for your service from a former Navy guy.

For those who haven't been in the service, V/R ==> Very Respectfully and is used when sending something to a superior such as a leave request. When going down the chain, R is used. At least that was the way it worked in the late 60s.