Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   newbie here (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/newbie-here-3038/)

SperasC3 09-10-2006 05:21 PM

newbie here

Hey everyone, Im Mike, Im 22, and suprize! Im here because I have a Corvette. Its mine and my dads project.

It is a 1981, Plain Jane 350/TH350, all original. White on the outside, red leather inside. The body is good, just a couple of parking lot idiots left their mark. Were going to order up a suspension kit within the month, then later its getting a fresh trans and some motor stuff.

I also have a couple of Neons and a "truck". The one Neon went 13.3s last year, then decided it didnt like an exhaust valve and got rid of some of it. The other Neon has a lot more potential, but lacks a good trans and the giggle gas. The truck, well, its a winter car.

C3 Starship 09-10-2006 07:24 PM

RE: newbie here

Hey Mike,
Welcome to C. F.!:) I put ALL new suspention under my "Starship"! I LOVE IT!
Got any pics?

corvette king 09-11-2006 12:16 AM

welcome to the forum mike:D

PAY2PLAY 09-11-2006 03:11 AM

Welcome to the site...always good to have a new guy on board.

SperasC3 09-12-2006 01:52 AM

Thanks for the welcome. No pics on this computer though, just got it. Old one went to sleep and wont wake up.

TopSpeed 09-12-2006 01:49 PM

Hey Mike!! Welcome to the best forums on the whole darned net for Corvette's! I love those late C3's, love to see some pics if ever you get a chance... C3 Starship here knows a lot about suspensions for those babies, as do many others, so don't hesitate to pipe up with any questions.

ORIGINAL: SperasC3

I also have a couple of Neons and a "truck". The one Neon went 13.3s last year, then decided it didnt like an exhaust valve and got rid of some of it. The other Neon has a lot more potential, but lacks a good trans and the giggle gas. The truck, well, its a winter car.
THAT was funny!! :D

We've got a Neon (SX 2.0 up here in Hoserland) R/T, too, for our second car... we love it, although it can't pull no 13's on the quarter!! :)

C3 Starship 09-12-2006 02:07 PM

Just curious Mike, what is it you goin' to do with the suspention?
Are you going with a "kit" or doing componants?
My suspension is FAR from stock. "Everything" in back of the trany is new and so is the front steering and suspension.

SperasC3 09-12-2006 07:05 PM

The suspension kit we are looking at is in the MidAmerica book, the stage4, think its around a grand. My dad said the next time he thinks about it hes going to call Wilcox to see if they have something comparable for a better price. I also wanted to do all the Energy Suspension bushings and junk. Know of anywhere else that has suspension kits like that? I havent had time to cruise around on the net and look for different Vette stuff. Also going to do u-joints and probably new tires. His are only an inch wider than the Neons, thats almost embarrassing...

C3 Starship 09-12-2006 07:29 PM

Hey Mike,
If you can do about $2400, Ecklers has the suspension setup I have on the "Starship"!
It's the 1963-82 Max Performance Suspension Package. List, '63-'79 for $2199. the '80-82 lists for $2349. My C3 handles like it's painted on the road. Turns marked at 35 are good for 60+++. ;)
This suspension is fully tunable for ride height and spring responce on all four corners. I also put in new trailing arms (complete assemblies), rebuilt rear end and all u-joints. I've got under $4000 in the whole thing. (I only paid $3500 for the car, but I wanted a car to build my way, and not someone else's dream.) So, for under $9000 total, I have a "killer" road machine. A 400 hp 454 is on it's way, to replace a tired 350.
Check out this package, if for no other reason, to compare the equipment included.

www.ecklers.com

C3 Starship 09-12-2006 07:41 PM

Ah, yes! The stage 4. ( I just looked it up, again ) I concidered this too, until I found the setup from Ecklers. Their's has the mono spring in front too. This system is a "bolt in", no mods required.
Just food for thought!