Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   10 days since I've driven the Vette; starting to shake (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/10-days-since-ive-driven-vette%3B-starting-shake-4204/)

TopSpeed 12-04-2006 08:35 PM

10 days since I've driven the Vette; starting to shake

Well, as most of you have heard by now, we got hit by a freak blizzard here last week. Shut the whole city down for a better part of 5 days... a lot of the side roads are still completely treacherous with ice etc.

So, I had to park the Vette the Friday before last, and haven't driven it since.

Yesterday, I went into the garage, started her up and made vrooom vrooom sounds in the cockpit for twenty minutes or so... but, alas, the shakes are still here.

Next on the ToDo list: Move to Costa Rica.

C3 Starship 12-04-2006 09:32 PM

RE: 10 days since I've driven the Vette; starting to shake

At least you can start yours,[&o] all I can do is stare at the 454 and drool.[:o] The day will come though, then Watch Out.;)

TopSpeed 12-04-2006 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

At least you can start yours,[&o] all I can do is stare at the 454 and drool.[:o] The day will come though, then Watch Out.;)
Jeez, bro, I've been without mine for 10 days and look at me.... my wife is lookin' into a 12 step program for me this afternoon... I have no clue how you remain so calm in such times...... :D:D:D

C3 Starship 12-05-2006 12:27 AM

You have no idea how calm, I'm not!:D As you well know, ah been waitin' for months now.[&:] I had to nail one shoe to the floor, to keep from runnin' around the block like a crazy man. I just make smaller circles now, and none of the neigbors know what's goin' on.:D

blueshark 12-05-2006 12:31 AM

hey!....How's the parkinglots?.....Doohhh nuuuutts.........even in reverse dude.

rjensen 12-05-2006 01:29 AM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Well, as most of you have heard by now, we got hit by a freak blizzard here last week. Shut the whole city down for a better part of 5 days... a lot of the side roads are still completely treacherous with ice etc.

Hey T.S.,
So glad you and yours are all safe and sound. :)
Snow and ice, [:'(] I can't even imagine.
Around these parts, just a little rain and a lot of people go looking for Prozac. [:o]

Take care, stay safe.
RJ

p.s. All your friends on the forum were having a grand ole time just imagining what you and Mrs. T.S. were doing to beat the boredom. But I think we better declare this [sm=closed.gif]

chargedvette02 12-05-2006 05:55 AM

Goin through the same crap in colorado. I had to break out the 240sx for 3 days, man I hate the cold and crappy colorado.

gorichb 12-05-2006 01:54 PM

Man
that would be hard to deal with. Not being able to drive because of the weather.
Just been real cold here, with freezing temps for the past 2 weeks.
The only sacrifice we have to make here is to put the top up when we take her out. :D

TopSpeed 12-05-2006 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

You have no idea how calm, I'm not!:D As you well know, ah been waitin' for months now.[&:] I had to nail one shoe to the floor, to keep from runnin' around the block like a crazy man. I just make smaller circles now, and none of the neigbors know what's goin' on.:D
There's a funny mental image!!!:D:D:DYou crack me up, dude!

ORIGINAL: blueshark

hey!....How's the parkinglots?.....Doohhh nuuuutts.........even in reverse dude.
:D:DWith my luck, I'd drop the tranny..... lil' bits and pieces all OVER the parking lot.....

ORIGINAL: rjensen

Hey T.S.,
So glad you and yours are all safe and sound. :)
Snow and ice, [:'(] I can't even imagine.
Around these parts, just a little rain and a lot of people go looking for Prozac. [:o]

Take care, stay safe.
RJ

p.s. All your friends on the forum were having a grand ole time just imagining what you and Mrs. T.S. were doing to beat the boredom. But I think we better declare this [sm=closed.gif]

Bwaaaaaaaaahahahaha!!! *thumps on desk* Usually, I'd say "film at 11:00", but in this case I think we'll forgo all that..... you totally made me roar out loud there, Rita!! *hi5's Rita*

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Goin through the same crap in colorado. I had to break out the 240sx for 3 days, man I hate the cold and crappy colorado.
You like me? Shakes set in, followed by mumblin' and wanderin' around like a lost puppy??? Talk about the fastest way to insanity!! :D:D:D

ORIGINAL: gorichb

Man
that would be hard to deal with. Not being able to drive because of the weather.
Just been real cold here, with freezing temps for the past 2 weeks.
The only sacrifice we have to make here is to put the top up when we take her out. :D
Yeh, thanks Rich. :D:D:D:D:D:DThanks for pointin' that out... or should I say... pourin' salt over an open wound..... :D:D:D;)

TopSpeed 12-05-2006 02:48 PM

Well, I got her out today!!! And thanks be to God for that. I still have some small tremors in my hands here; residual withdrawal I suspect.... but I'll be OK.