Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Anybody Else in the Car Business? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/anybody-else-car-business-5097/)

PAY2PLAY 02-23-2007 01:16 AM

Anybody Else in the Car Business?

I was just wondering am I the only person here that is in the car business?

chargedvette02 02-23-2007 04:12 AM

RE: Anybody Else in the Car Business?

My buddy sells for Mazda but he doesn't have a vette. I had a job locked up at the same dealership he works at but they looked at my driving record and said sorry.:D

riley 02-23-2007 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

Wait a second here. You're a car salesman? And worse yet, you sell them foreign vehicles? Someone PM an administrator to see if we can get this person removed from the forums. Quickly.

PAY2PLAY 02-23-2007 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: riley

Wait a second here. You're a car salesman? And worse yet, you sell them foreign vehicles? Someone PM an administrator to see if we can get this person removed from the forums. Quickly.
Despite the fact that I am a proud Corvette owner/driver there are not many domestic cars that I would be as equally proud to say I owned. Since working for Toyota the past 2 1/2 years I have become very loyal to their product, which is crazy because I initially took the position thinking that just cause I see them doesn't mean that I have to like them, and now I swear by them.

riley 02-23-2007 01:10 PM

Despite the fact that I am a proud Corvette owner/driver there are not many domestic cars that I would be as equally proud to say I owned. Since working for Toyota the past 2 1/2 years I have become very loyal to their product, which is crazy because I initially took the position thinking that just cause I see them doesn't mean that I have to like them, and now I swear by them.

P2P,

I was joking. I drive a tundra when the roads are bad and a camary when the roads are good ( I put blizzaks on them both in the winter). My wife drives a sienna.
The tundra has 70k on it and drives like new. The camary has 150k and is still in real good shape. I had to change the starter on it once. It took about 1/2 hour and I did it all from the top.

repodude43 02-23-2007 03:49 PM

i have 2 car lots in florida

chargedvette02 02-23-2007 05:56 PM

Can you find me a low miles no mods 95-98 Supra?:D

Lee Willis 02-23-2007 09:35 PM

Well, as I've mentioned a couple of times, my son is a service manager at a Ford dealership.

Pay2play: as to Toyota, you have to respect the company and the cars. Most people who buy an autombile want an transportation appliance -- they could caer less about turn in or 0-60 mph times or 1-G cornering as long as it is smooth and quiet and economical and never breaks and has six cupholders big enough for 43-ounce big gulp drinks. I have a Darwinian view of the world, and Toyota has (in the past) stepped up and kicked butt. I actually think they stumbled recently and that GM and Ford might have nearly caught them (the Ford Fusion is arguably the best mid-size auto appliance made today), but just like it took "Toyopet"more than 10years before they got respect, it will take a decade ormore for the market to recognize GM and Ford really produce some good cars.

PAY2PLAY 02-23-2007 11:59 PM

P2P,

I was joking. I drive a tundra when the roads are bad and a camary when the roads are good ( I put blizzaks on them both in the winter). My wife drives a sienna.
The tundra has 70k on it and drives like new. The camary has 150k and is still in real good shape. I had to change the starter on it once. It took about 1/2 hour and I did it all from the top.

Yeah, I know you where joking (or atleast I took as so:D). I asked this question because I was offered my choice of either becoming a Sales Manager or a Finance Manager (one of our Finance Managers was fired and we have a Sales Manager Resigning), and I was trying to get some first hand advice on the pros and cons of the positions, but after talking to a few people I choose to take the Sales Manager position. So as of March 1st I won't be selling cars anymore (in a way).

C3 Starship 02-24-2007 01:24 AM

Soooo,...Pay,........I gottwo questions for ya........:)

1. How many Toyoters do ya need to sell, to buy a Vette?
2. Do ya drive your Vette to work?

:eek: