Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Bad weather, AGAIN! (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/bad-weather-again-5398/)

C3 Starship 03-27-2007 10:22 AM

Bad weather, AGAIN!

Well, it's 5 AM, March 27. It started snowing about 4 pm yesterday, and we currently have 5" of fresh snow, AND IT'S STILL SNOWING!!! [:'(]

The "Starship" is covered with snow and I'm really PO'd. [:@]
The new 454 is safe though, it's still in the storage contanier. ;)
I fooled "Mother Nature" on this one! :D
We got into the high 70's and low 80's the last couple of weeks.

My wife just called to let me know that she got to work O. K. :)
On her way to work, a 4x4 flew by her. About a 1/4 mile down the road she saw him swerve side to side and bound off into the ditch. IDIOT! A lot of people around here don't have a clue as to how to drive in the snow. :eek:

Y'all have a nice commute, and watch out for the other guy. No matter where ya live, or how the weather treats ya. :)

wrwalke 03-27-2007 10:48 AM

RE: Bad weather, AGAIN!

Yeah, we had 4+" of snow here last week. Cheer up though, it will end some day.:D This week has been 70+ degrees and sunny so far. I got the new center console in, new guage cluster bezel and lenses, and rewired/rebuilt the whole damn mess. Even replaced that icky, poorly installed Sony stereo with a *real* head unit... A 1980 am/fm/8track!! <Everyone stares with looks of absolute horror as Bill does the happy dance> New antenna still to go, and I need to rip out the sub box behind the seats...

I'm building my iPod 8track cartridge now. To the rest of the world it looks like I have "The best of Earth Wind and Fire" sitting in the stereo, but under the cover is a 4GB MP3 player. :D I'm a geek.

bill.

TopSpeed 03-27-2007 03:14 PM

ENOUGH of the snow, already!!!!!!! Sheesh! Do I LOOK like a penguin???? :D:D:D

We haven't had anymore snow here, recently, but it feels like it. I can't remember wanting summer to come so bad in my life before. Ever. Nary once.

I think we're in heavy-duty Global Cooling. I believe the proper remedy is to try and get EVERYONE out on the roads in their Corvette's, pumpin' warmin' gases into our environs.

Either that, or I'm gonna grab Dave on my way past, headed for Costa Rica. :D

TopSpeed 03-27-2007 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: wrwalke

Yeah, we had 4+" of snow here last week. Cheer up though, it will end some day.:D This week has been 70+ degrees and sunny so far. I got the new center console in, new guage cluster bezel and lenses, and rewired/rebuilt the whole damn mess. Even replaced that icky, poorly installed Sony stereo with a *real* head unit... A 1980 am/fm/8track!! <Everyone stares with looks of absolute horror as Bill does the happy dance> New antenna still to go, and I need to rip out the sub box behind the seats...

I'm building my iPod 8track cartridge now. To the rest of the world it looks like I have "The best of Earth Wind and Fire" sitting in the stereo, but under the cover is a 4GB MP3 player. :D I'm a geek.

bill.

Bill, you crack me up, good sir!:D You gotta post some pictures of this project when you get it all done; that's just hysterical. :D

blueshark 03-27-2007 10:34 PM

we set two record highs this week 85 and 86 I like the cold. short sleves and shorts and still sweating my fat a$$ off.
Bill, what Scotty said.:D:D:D

C3 Starship 03-28-2007 12:23 AM

Bags are packed Scotty, you won't have to knock, I'll be waitin' on the porch! ;)

85-86.....Sure George, rub it in. You guys with the BIG garages! :eek:
That's O. K. though.....my day in the sun is commin'! ;)

Bill.......love your wit! :D