Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Car Insurance need help and expert advice (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/car-insurance-need-help-expert-advice-4683/)

rachel 01-10-2007 04:46 AM

Car Insurance need help and expert advice

Good day,

Hi guys im Rachel..newbie here..anyway guys, can i have
your advice regarding where to get a Car insurance? coz
im planning to insure my Car..i hope i can get an
recommendations on what insurance to go through and what
are you paying? I have been surfing the net to find a
good and affortable business insurance which i can use..
i came into One shop Insurance
the cost was ok, but i want to
know if there are any more out there who could give out
something more affordable and can i depend my money on
these?. thank you so much.

thanks in advance.

wrwalke 01-10-2007 08:53 AM

RE: Car Insurance need help and expert advice

Geico has been good for me. The Vette is on their books for 5k miles per year there, and my 75 Bricklin is at 50 miles (though I'd have to push it that far to get those miles). Most insurance companies will cover "classic" or "antique" registered cars (you didn't specify what year Vette you have) along with your daily driver cars to keep your business. For newer Vettes and performance cars, Geico is very reasonable if you have a decent driving record. Shop around, but stick with the bigger names, and do some web research for customer opinions as well.

bill.

harleyboy52 01-10-2007 10:14 AM

Hi Rachel, Welcome to the forum. If your Vette is 25 years old you can get classic car insurance thru Grundy. I have a 1980 Vette and it is insured thru Grundy for $14,000. I have full coverage and the premium is $125. a year. There are a few restrictions though.
1. It has to be at least 25 years old.
2. It can't be driven to work.
3. No one under 25 years old can drive it.
There are no milage restrictions at all. You will have to send them proof that you have a car to drive to work. I'm retiredso I can drive my car everyday all I want to. I also have a hot rod insured thru them valued at 25,000 for $139. a year. You can't beat the price. I hope this helps. The rest of my stuff is insured thru Farm Bureau and I have found them to be the cheapest in my area (southeastern N. C.). Hope this helps. Harleyboy

Commodore 01-10-2007 11:26 AM

Don't forget that most if not allof the agreed value insurance writers require that the car needs to be kept in a secure garage and that it may never be used in a sanctioned speed competition. A "show and go" car show, even if you only just showed your car (no time trials), could void the contract.
RB

rachel 01-10-2007 11:22 PM

i dont have 25 yet im only 21

harleyboy52 01-11-2007 01:04 AM

Well you better bring it on over here to North Carolina and let me drive it for you till you turn 25. Harleyboy

rachel 01-11-2007 01:09 AM

well i got to find good insurance first, before letting you drive it,

harleyboy52 01-11-2007 01:14 AM

You never told us what year it is or anything about it. Post pictures. We love pictures. HB