Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Corvette Haters (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/corvette-haters-4459/)

BluBeaSSt 12-24-2006 03:10 PM

Corvette Haters

I was on a local Kansas City Racing bored and reposted a video that was on here (Z06 vs the world) and a sh*t storm started about "Cocky Corvette Owners". Now mind you, 90% of these kids are import loving idiots that spend a assload of money to make there 17 second car into a 14 second car that think is fast. But this guy here....is very well off and runs his mouth alot about the Corvette (Note he owns a Gen II Viper and Mark IV Supra). Thought some of you would like to read the amount of horse**** that comes out his mouth.[:@]

"Actually, it's people like Russ and other delusional idiots just like him that make most people hate the car. From a pure performance standpoint, the Vette is a decent car. But look at a lot of the owners and nutswingers. Would you want those guys to be your corporate representatives?
That guy in the video is another perfect example of why some people don't like Vettes. Why show up to a meet where the cheapest car in the parking lot is probably worth more than that guy's house? Don't you think that if someone can afford a $400,000 car, that they could afford a used Z06 with some headers if they really thought that it was the coolest, fastest, best handling car on the ****ing planet? Showing up to an exotic meet like that, rolling up your sleeves and then trying to race everything you see is ****ing stupid. And then to give some kind of gay wave to a $150,000 car as you drive by? How respectful is that? I'm sorry, Shannon, but that guy and guys like Russ are what I think of when I think "Vette". You and Nick are more like the exception, rather than the rule.
I'd love show up to a Corvette meet in Tim's Festiva or something and then race everyone in it and wave at them as I drive by. Then I'll make a video about how all you guys wasted your money on your expensive Vettes when the Festiva is obviously a superior automobile. And don't you dare criticize the interior. ;)"

blueshark 12-24-2006 04:31 PM

RE: Corvette Haters

I guess you almost have to expect to get flamed doing that. Look what happens to the Mustang and Japanese crowd when they do it here. and the people here are much more open minded, matureand respectful than most. I can imagine on your average forum what might happen. Let him rant but you could use the argument that the so called "ricers"use on the vette guys "why spend a butt load of money when you can get the same performance for less?" This scenario fits to some degreeon many different levels and aspects of life. Although there is a cutoff point on the lower end of "performance" where it just becomes too expensive.there is always going to be closed minded knee jerk reactions to cocky in your face statements. I guess that is part of what makes the world go around. To each his own.

wrwalke 12-24-2006 06:11 PM

Makes me wish I still had my 74 vega GT with the 250ci Cosworth sprint car engine.:D Maybe I'll spend the winter building a 429 Superjet Pinto so I can raid all of their little cruise-in meetings and beat some Ferraris and Saleens. Oh wait, that guy with more money than brains who buys performance cars to get his old-man rocks off... that's me now. Oops.

bill.

blueshark 12-24-2006 06:29 PM

There was a kid in highschool that had a pinto with a built 390GT in it. He had to put wheelie bars on it and broke several sets of them . that thing was sick. tubbed out with Miky Thompsons on the back and little knife blades on the front. had a race tach mounted on the hood right behind the huge Harwood snorkle. Don't really think it was street legal but never got pulled just for that. Another friend had a beautiful little Cosworth Vega. that thing was quick and a blast to drive. I remember setting in the hatch back of it shooting bottle rockets on the interstate doing 100+, never even thought about fallin out. bunch of punks we were.LOL. Cosworth was building Outboards for Mercury for awhile too. Great engines.

PAY2PLAY 12-24-2006 06:58 PM

There is always going to be haters. Hater men marry hater women and then have hater kids. It's a vicious cycle.

blueshark 12-24-2006 07:18 PM

Ain't that the truth.

C3 Starship 12-24-2006 07:58 PM

They use Hate, to cover up their own jealousy andinsecurity. Short-commings, if you will. Let 'em rant, we Vette Bro's and Sisters, know better!;)

gorichb 12-25-2006 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

There is always going to be haters. Hater men marry hater women and then have hater kids. It's a vicious cycle.

....and most of these kids end up dead or in prison like their hater parents.

Lee Willis 12-26-2006 02:32 PM

No doubt a few people will flame me for this, but I agree with the guy although I think he should be tolerant and less agreesive and prfane with his words. People have different tastes and passions, and too many make it very personal.

I think the guy with thethe Viper and Supra has pretty good taste. The Viper is cool, just not daily-dirveable enough in my opinion to justify the cost for the performance. Supras are very good cars. One of the few really streetable machines around here that can definately outrun my 'vette is a Supra running boost well into the high25+ lb range with nearly 900 RWHP: its not as comfortable and civilized as my vette but it is more streetable than the Camaro, and faster than either.
And frankly, I agree with him to a great extent: the ZO6 is very very quick,and I knowthat it is a good bargain and a great car:it offers $115,000 performance combined withroughly $40,000 build quality.In my mind it does not compare to really good $115,000 car (I'd rather have a Porsche Carrera GT3 - in my opinion as fast any way it really counts (maybe faster), much better interior, great build quality), or any of a number of $170,000 (Bentley Continental, Aston Martin DB9, slighty slower off the line but so much classier and comfortable) or $400,000 cars (Aston Martin Vantage, Ferrari 599: faster and . . . well, everything).