Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Help-Need to replace radio in 93 Vette (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/help-need-replace-radio-93-vette-3754/)

CORVETTE LADY 10-31-2006 01:23 PM

Help-Need to replace radio in 93 Vette

Hi Folks: Looks as though we are going to replace the radio in the 93 Vette. Need ideas as to which radio would look the most original for the car and also one that fit correctly in the radio slot. There is a Bose system in the car that was original. In our little small town, most only offer the Kenwood. Have any of you replaced your radio, and if so , which system. Now realize I only want just a plain radio to listen to my old time rock and roll. Not one to hear me thumping about a mile before I get near you. Thanking you in advance for any info.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2989/2D83515BDA254A11891C5FEDA18FC636.jpg[/IMG]

C3 Starship 10-31-2006 01:32 PM

RE: Help-Need to replace radio in 93 Vette

Hey Lady,
I can't help with the radio, other than the usual "net" searches. What's goin' on with the '62? Still thinking of selling?
Dave

CORVETTE LADY 10-31-2006 01:46 PM

Hey Starship: The guy that was interested in the 62 came by last weekend. He was ready to buy. Here's the problem, we have been playing with the car every weekend for about two months now. Hubby is just not ready to sell. Strange how word gets out when it involves a Vette. The next day someone called from another town asking if there could come and look at the car. DH told them they could come and look but he had decided not to sell at this time. Starship, its hard to describe our love of these old cars, on second thought, I'm sure you understand every word. It is so hard to think about parting with any of them. Most of these cars we have had for years and taken very good care of them. The 62 is a 4 speed and she really gets up and moves. I don't have a picture of the 62, tell you what, when our daughter visits us again, I will get her to take pictures of all the cars. All I have on my computer is the 61 and the 57 Chevy. Here's WAVING to you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2989/98AFE3D82C4E454FAE487286392A1E76.jpg[/IMG]

C3 Starship 10-31-2006 02:35 PM

Hey Lady,
Yes, I....do...understand, the love of old cars.;)
Pics of the '62? You bet, I'd love to see them!!!
Just curious, if you don't mind, did the guy make an offer?
Tell your Hub, that I don't blame him for not selling.;)
Here's to ya, Lady.[sm=hiya.gif]
Dave

TopSpeed 10-31-2006 02:58 PM

God yeh, I'da hung onto those babies too!!!! Utterly irreplacable. That's one of those things you don't want to regret later, because you'll never find another one like it.

CORVETTE LADY 10-31-2006 03:40 PM

Hey Starship: I sent you a email on the vette.

CORVETTE LADY 10-31-2006 04:07 PM

Hey, you guys brought up a subject that I think about everytime I see a 69 z28 Camaro. The one and only car we sold, and to this day still yearn for that baby. I drove her most of the time and it was such a fun car. Yeah, we can find them, but oh the prices today. We had her all souped up and think she was kicking about 425 horses. She got about 7 miles a gallon, but oh how fun those 7 miles were to drive. Everytime I see one at the large shows, I start looking at the serial number just to try to find her.

TopSpeed 10-31-2006 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: CORVETTE LADY

Hey, you guys brought up a subject that I think about everytime I see a 69 z28 Camaro. The one and only car we sold, and to this day still yearn for that baby. I drove her most of the time and it was such a fun car. Yeah, we can find them, but oh the prices today. We had her all souped up and think she was kicking about 425 horses. She got about 7 miles a gallon, but oh how fun those 7 miles were to drive. Everytime I see one at the large shows, I start looking at the serial number just to try to find her.
God almighty.... the 1969 Camaro Z/28.... the fabled beast.... next to our beloved Vette, that right there, is my favorite car of all time, hands down.

The other night, Mrs. TopSpeed and I were a discussin' stuff, the topic of sellin' the Vette came up.. it was just discussion... anyways, the look on my face (according to my lovely wife) was enough to kill that notion on the spot. There's that 5 seconds of thought.. "How, when, WHERE would we find another one??" That scares the pink right outta me, on the spot. They are gonna bury me in our C4.

I totally feel for you there, Corvette Lady.... this pain is entirely palpable from here. But, hey, at least youse got all those drop-dead gorgeous Vette's to try and help you through, eh??? :)