Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Hey 94blackC4, how's your car now? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/hey-94blackc4-hows-your-car-now-2893/)

TopSpeed 08-30-2006 08:34 PM

Hey 94blackC4, how's your car now?

Hey, bro, after all the stuff you've had happen lately, I hadn't heard any updates on how your car is doing? Are you back in the cockpit again? How's the car, bro? :) I pray to God that it's OK and yer on the highways as we speak.

94blackC4 08-30-2006 09:07 PM

RE: Hey 94blackC4, how's your car now?

Haha, thnaks for the concern Scotty. I am actually taking it back to the shop tomorrow. The transmission (that i just paid $2600 to get it rebuilt with all performance parts) has a linkage problem. The idiots that put it back into the car messed up the linkage and the O/D gear is too close to Neutral and so a few times while i have been driving, my car just slips into neutral and i dont go anywhere and i have to react pretty quick and put it into Drive as to not piss off people behind me lol. So i am taking it back and they are going to fix it and then HOPEFULLY they are going to change the oil, tighten the headers and make any last minute adjustments and then take it to the Dyno Shop and get it Dyno Tuned... But, i doubt that will happen because i think the owner of the company is going to try to get out of as much as he can because i havent been talking too great about his company and the shoddy work they do. I will keep you updated as to what the numbers are when i finally get it dyno tuned. I BETTER be pushing a significant amount more HP with ALL of that money i spent.

TopSpeed 08-30-2006 09:14 PM

[sm=yikesomg.gif]
You're KIDDING!!! Oh dude..... *sighs* I was certain you were back in business there, seein's how long it's been goin on, and that's you've been quiet about it all lately. I was certain....

I have never heard of a "professional" shop doing work like that before. That just amazes me. What the heck does he expect with all this? Glowing reviews?? C'mon, eh, give us a break here.

Well, it sounds like you just need a few tweaks here and there... linkage adjustment, header crank-down, oil change... at least that sounds a LOT better than some of the stuff you were goin' through earlier.

I am SO sorry about your experience, bro. Breaks my heart for ya. But, I do love the way you keep the dream alive throughout all this, with your positive attitude under the circumstances. I admire and respect ya for that, bro.

Do keep us posted, my friend... I am DYIN' to hear a story about you cruisin' the highways with a big grin on yer face. [8D]

C3 Starship 08-30-2006 09:28 PM

So he punishes you for HIS bad work, with more bad work? I hope the relationship will end soon Dude! I know, he's kinda gotcha right now but, enough is enough![:@]
Gooooood luck!!!! (could be an issue for a B. B. report when all is done, might help someone else avoid from this F_________, B_____________d!!!)

TopSpeed 08-30-2006 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

So he punishes you for HIS bad work, with more bad work?
Well put, bro!! *nods*

chargedvette02 08-30-2006 10:10 PM

Is it a vette shop or a random shop?

94blackC4 08-30-2006 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Is it a vette shop or a random shop?
It is neither a vette shop nor a random shop. I know the guy pretty well that owns the shop and i know the mechanic that did most of the work even better. Thats why its so unbelievable. I mean, the tranny is just one problem. The first thing was the time that it took to do all of it... it took about a month and a half when i was told about 6 different estimated times. They jsut kept adding days and days onto the finishing date. Everytime i would check on my car it was "Oh, we need to do one more thing, its gonna take a few more days" and i just got tired of it. Then FINALLY i was supposed to get my car back but the jack@$$ that put everything back together decided it was ok to put my spark plug wires on laying on the headers. Now, from what i understand, the wires are supposed to be able to withstand up to like 500 degrees of INDIRECT heat. My wires were literally resting on the headers and so 3 of the 8 wires melted and so 3 cylinders werent getting any spark. When they told me they were going to replace my wires, i figured... "Ok, they will replace them with the $90 Accel 8.8mm wires that i put on there". Boy, was i wrong. They went to AutoZone or something and got the $40 8mm wires that the car came with stock. Now that my car has more power and could use the extra spark to all cylinders, it doesnt have it. It might not affect the engine that much if at all, but its the principle of it. Then, i got my car back after that and i found a little surprise on the rear of the car right underneath the license plate. They put a F*@^!NG sticker on my car... To advertise for them after i was already a bit unhappy with them. Then i was looking my engine over and i found that they cracked one of my fuel rail covers into about 4 pieces and my mechanic friend that was working on the car told me straight up that he did it and was honest. But then he proceeded to tell me what i had already expected. When he went to tell the owner that he needed to buy me a new one, the owner said, and i quote, "Just glue the Mother F***er back together!!!" Also, they told me that my MAP sensor is going bad but they told me that if my SES light comes on, i should just turn my car off and turn it back on and that will get rid of the problem. Well, as some of my god friends here so kindly told me, IT DOESNT GET RID OF THE PROBLEM! Then, i have a cold start/hot start (i guess its just a start) problem with my engine and i asked them to fix it. They told me that they found out my O-Ring on my gas cap was bad and i was getting water in my gas tank so i needed to replace it. Well, I have had PLENTY of tanks of gas in my car since i got it back and today is the first day its rained since i got my car back. And it still doesnt start right. So they are idiots there. Then the tranny messes up and i would blame the people that they sent my tranny to except for the fact that its a linkage problem which means that the ones that put my car back together (the shop i took it to) are theones responsible for the problem. Thats incompetence. I have just been finding little stuff here and there and its pretty much pissing me off. And the thing about it is, i didnt take it there just to get a better deal, because i certainly paid quite a bit for it. I took it there because i know they guy personally before i ever took my car there and i figured that would constitute good work and decent treatment. Well, i guess i was wrong and next time, he definately wont be getting my service ever again.

corvette king 08-30-2006 11:47 PM

dude im glad i can do all my work my self,or i would have to go what you are going through,...GOOD LUCK AND DONT TAKE THERE SH*T,[8D]

C3 Starship 08-31-2006 01:56 AM

Now I'm reeeaaaallly PI$$ED!!!
A... F#$%&@G.... STICKER!!! ON A VETTE?[:@] NOBODY puts a Sticker on a Vette!!!
I have a small NRA sticker, about 2" across, in the lower right corner of my rear window, but that's different! (It ain't on the paint!)

Man...............I hope you can get away from those......! I'd be real tempted to eat the losses and cut and run. find sombody that knows what the _________ they're doin'.
I know you feel like_____, I feel for ya, I been there too!

94blackC4 09-01-2006 05:49 PM

Yeah... a gosh Da**ed sticker... I was pretty livid also.