Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   The Honda New Comers? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/honda-new-comers-5422/)

BluBeaSSt 03-28-2007 11:11 PM

The Honda New Comers?

Dose anyone else think they should all be baned? I mean we dont go to there site and start talking bad about there cars, sounds like some bored high school kids to me, whos with me?

C3 Starship 03-28-2007 11:20 PM

RE: The Honda New Comers?

Rest assured, they have been warned!
We will not put up with their tripe! ;)

They are playing a little game to see how many posts they can make before they get banned. They will be gone soon, trust me! Until then, ignore them, like they don't even exist. If we get all PO'd, we are just playin' into their game. That's what they want. :eek:

blueshark 03-28-2007 11:46 PM

bazzzzackly!!

C3 Starship 03-29-2007 02:06 AM

:D:D:DHa-Ha hon-duhs, suck Vette tail pipes! :D:D:D
Now watch......they'ere gonna flame me!
But since I mentioned it, they prob won't. [&o]

BluBeaSSt 03-29-2007 02:50 AM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

:D:D:DHa-Ha hon-duhs, suck Vette tail pipes! :D:D:D
Now watch......they'ere gonna flame me!
But since I mentioned it, they prob won't. [&o]
How can they flame you when your the Mod? lol

C3 Starship 03-29-2007 03:11 AM

Anybody can get flamed, it's just that the Mods can burn 'em down! :D

chargedvette02 03-29-2007 03:38 AM

Sorry about last night guys; got carried away with them. Anyway they are from www.honda-tech.comif anyone wants to go over there.:DJust kidding, don't start crap but for future refrence it's www.honda-tech.com [:'(]Don't know if TS or C3 wants to go over there and talk to their mods and maybe get them banned on www.honda-tech.com

razoramowned 03-29-2007 03:54 AM

hey guys how's it going :D

C3 Starship 03-29-2007 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Sorry about last night guys; got carried away with them. Anyway they are from www.honda-tech.comif anyone wants to go over there.:DJust kidding, don't start crap but for future refrence it's www.honda-tech.com [:'(]Don't know if TS or C3 wants to go over there and talk to their mods and maybe get them banned on www.honda-tech.com
Ya know, that's not a bad idea! ;)
I could send some copies of their posts to the admin, and see what they have to say. :)
Only prob, they prob used dif names here. Oh well, we can just move on.
I suggest that we just ignore them. They'll get bored with their game when no one reacts to their crap.

BluBeaSSt 03-29-2007 10:02 AM

Ya know, that's not a bad idea! ;)
I could send some copies of their posts to the admin, and see what they have to say. :)
Only prob, they prob used dif names here. Oh well, we can just move on.
I suggest that we just ignore them. They'll get bored with their game when no one reacts to their crap.
Yeah isnt it funny that they come here to start stuff? Wonder why they all get the bad rep they do? I mean how many of us go there and start crap? As for telling the mods and admins over there....i doubt that dose anything, 75% of honda owners are all the same.

C3 Starship 03-29-2007 10:09 AM

Ya know....it really is sad that those "Ricers" have to be speadin' schmidt.
They must have a real sad site, if they get so bored that they have to look elsewhere for their entertainment. Poor babies! [&o]

C3 Starship 03-29-2007 10:53 AM

I just went to the site. I'm not goin' to give them any info they want, just to register and put up one post. It ain't worth my time. By the quality of their posts here, I doubt that they have the intellect to deal with an intelligent statement. ;)

Vettes and theirdrivers Rule, "Ricers Suck"!I better stop now, or I'm gonna really unload! :D

riley 03-29-2007 10:56 AM

Did I miss something?

C3 Starship 03-29-2007 11:08 AM

We had a hand full of Ha-Ha Hon-duh babies come on CF and start slammin' us. No worries Riley, you didn't miss a flippin' thing. None of it was worth readin'! ;)

TopSpeed 03-29-2007 01:40 PM

Yeh, what a mess. Dave is bang on the money here; completely ignoring them will result in them becoming abundantly bored, and hopefully they'll all head back to the sandbox they came from. I am sure most of those posts were made during recess. I personally am left wondering if their teacher noticed they were on the computer, when they shoulda been working on their coloring books....

Anyways, folks, we're workin' on it here. Please bear with us, and try not to let any of them rile you up none. It just ain't worth the aggravation.

May the Bowtie be with you all! :)

Ztrane 03-29-2007 03:42 PM

I hate to break it to you guys that think that everyone that drives an import is a "ricer". Coming from a guy that worked at Corvette Specialties of Maryland for 6 years, I know a decent amount about Corvettes. I drive a Honda Civic. There are many respectable imports out there. Yes some are "riced out" with altezza style tail lights, big wings, welded on fart can exhausts..... the list goes on. The thing is, Ive seen "riced out" mustangs and corvettes with altezza style lights, big wings... etc. So each group has its ricers. Installing a catback exhaust on any car has one common goal, to make power (however much it may be) and to sound good. The new JDM trend focuses on clean exterior modification that is based mostly off OEM parts. These cars may not be as fast stock for stock as a Corvette, but they can pack a decent punch. There is always going to be the battle between import and domestic, as long as both are around.

What is the difference between a fast import and a fast domestic, absolutely nothing. Both are fast..... thats the goal. The styling of each car is different but the goal of the person that built it was to be fast.

Refering to the ITB post that was locked...... stealing technology is what all car companies and modifiers do. They see something that works for one motor and try it on another. ITBs increase a naturally aspirated motors output greatly as some of you that may have them know. So why not put it on an import. I am biased and I do like imports more than domestics, but I wont hate on them. To each his own! If everyone owned a domestic car the world would be boring as hell.

TopSpeed 03-29-2007 03:59 PM

Great post, welcome to the forums my friend!!

By and large, we are a very open minded group of Corvette enthusiasts. The last couple of days, we were invaded by a series of "trolls" from another forum, and a lot of the posts and threads you refer to are a result of that invasion. I am sure if you dig a little deeper into the other threads we have here, you'll find an awesome group of auto enthusiasts residing.

Ztrane 03-29-2007 10:06 PM

I am actually from Honda-Tech.com, but Im not here to bash on corvettes or domestics.... as I said I like all cars. I've been into corvettes ever sinceIgot a ride in a'63 so I have my heart in both sides.I saw someones post on honda-tech about the ITB post from here so I decided to check this forum out. So far I'm pleased with what I see.... I was just trying to ease the tension between some of the people that absolutely hate us "import" fans. As far as I can tell, these to forums are quite alike, whereas enthusiast come on here to gain information about their cars, show off what they have, and talk about kill stories and such.

I just figured I'd be a nice guy from Honda-Tech and try to show you that all of us "import" guys arent that bad. I look forward into learning more about vettes and hopefully I can give some insight as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

BluBeaSSt 03-29-2007 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Ztrane

I am actually from Honda-Tech.com, but Im not here to bash on corvettes or domestics.... as I said I like all cars. I've been into corvettes ever sinceIgot a ride in a'63 so I have my heart in both sides.I saw someones post on honda-tech about the ITB post from here so I decided to check this forum out. So far I'm pleased with what I see.... I was just trying to ease the tension between some of the people that absolutely hate us "import" fans. As far as I can tell, these to forums are quite alike, whereas enthusiast come on here to gain information about their cars, show off what they have, and talk about kill stories and such.

I just figured I'd be a nice guy from Honda-Tech and try to show you that all of us "import" guys arent that bad. I look forward into learning more about vettes and hopefully I can give some insight as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Welcome, seems like your the expection to the big honda owner rule[8D]

As far as me and Imports, i do like some imports, just my heart is with the American V8. From the old 409BB Chevy to the LS6 427 Gen IV Z06 motor:D

C3 Starship 03-29-2007 10:33 PM

Now there's an intelligent Man! ;)
As I have mentioned before, Horses is Horses, land, sea, or air.
I'm impressed by the HP one can get from a 4 banger, but I still prefer USA styling.Personally, nothing can compete with the sound of a heavey breathin' BB Chevy. :)
I'm glad to hear that not all members of Honda Tech are such twits.
You're welcome to hang with us at CF! :)

razoramowned 03-30-2007 01:40 AM

sigh i tried to state what ztran statedabout the itb post, but no one listend. = (

Ztrane 03-30-2007 02:10 AM

I'm just so used to this battle because I have friends with fast cars on both sides..... low 10's to high 9's in the 1/4. They always want me to pick sides, but you really cant if you love speed and acceleration like I do. A low 10 second car is a low 10 second car.... no matter what country its from, its fast. So I just stay in the middle because there are aspects from both that I like.;)

C3 Starship 03-30-2007 02:35 AM

What was that? :eek:

Did anybody else hear it?

Naw...never mind, just an annoyin' fly. :D

zo6r 03-30-2007 02:53 AM

big mistake on my part. sorry no offence[/align]

razoramowned 03-30-2007 03:01 AM

What was that? :eek:

Did anybody else hear it?

Naw...never mind, just an annoyin' fly. :D
[/align][/align]for a moderator your pretty immature.:D[/align]

C3 Starship 03-30-2007 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: zo6r

i don't appreciate being banned, when i have not violated any of your fourm rules for the off-topic section.i have been polite and respectful since the end of ITB thread.[/align][/align]as a moderator, you're pretty immature and disrespectful.[/align]
Since I don't know who you are, you must have changed your site name.
It is not for me to do any banning, that decision comes from higher up. It takes the recommendation of several people to get someone banned. Blame me if ya want, I don't care! ;)I've done myjob. :)

C3 Starship 03-30-2007 03:11 AM

razo...whatever,
I've blocked all your posts so that I don't have to read anymore of your....uh...., well, anyway. Enjoy your day, I'm enjoyin' mine! :)

razoramowned 03-30-2007 03:20 AM

well might as well take it to full advantage.[/align][/align]Champ Kind: I willtakec3starships mother out to a nice seafooddinner and NEVER call her again!
Wes Mantooth: Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!
Ron Burgundy: Hey, let's leave the mothers out of this. [/align]

sixfiveoh 03-30-2007 04:50 AM

I'd like to apologize first of all, after hearing some of you guys talk after a while, you don't seem too bad, but we were just protecting our own since a thread was posted on our site about you guys knocking one of our favorites over on H-T [8D]

I was raised around muscle, it's all my pops had when I was growin up. Once I got my license I wanted more than anything a V8, but that was a little out of the budget. Back then, I too thought all Hondas were trash, but since it was affordable, I picked up on it. When I got over to honda-tech, I learned that there were real enthusiasts who didn't care how shiny their rims were, but how to break 12s in a NA 4cyl. Since then I've owned 4 Hondas, and I never looked back.

I guess you guys can seem kind of intiminating to us, the little 4cyl underdogs of the performance world, and I guess it was just really offensive to see you guys knocking a very clean example of a Honda. Anyways, no hard feelings.

C3 Starship 03-30-2007 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: sixfiveoh

I'd like to apologize first of all, after hearing some of you guys talk after a while, you don't seem too bad, but we were just protecting our own since a thread was posted on our site about you guys knocking one of our favorites over on H-T [8D]

I was raised around muscle, it's all my pops had when I was growin up. Once I got my license I wanted more than anything a V8, but that was a little out of the budget. Back then, I too thought all Hondas were trash, but since it was affordable, I picked up on it. When I got over to honda-tech, I learned that there were real enthusiasts who didn't care how shiny their rims were, but how to break 12s in a NA 4cyl. Since then I've owned 4 Hondas, and I never looked back.

I guess you guys can seem kind of intiminating to us, the little 4cyl underdogs of the performance world, and I guess it was just really offensive to see you guys knocking a very clean example of a Honda. Anyways, no hard feelings.

So......one guy......slams us on your forum.......for alledgedly ......slamming one of your guys.......on our forum.
Y'all take it upon yourselves to come here and start crap! [:@]
That's like sayin', that just because one German Shephard killed one cat, that ALL German Shephers should be killed.:eek:
Grow the F@#$ UP!!!
And you guys have the nerve to callME immature ?
I'm just been doin' my job as a Mod. I haven't called names or slammed anyone who did not deserve it, now think about it! Oh sorry, I called someone a Fly!
EXCUUUUUUSE ME!!!
Enough is enough.....Knock it off!!![:'(]

C3 Starship 03-30-2007 11:02 AM

Uh...oh!!!
I did use a four letter word though......"TWIT"!!! [:o]

Next time, test the water before jumpin' in.;)

If you guys had just let it go, none of these hard feelings would have come about. Now everyone on both sides are forming opinions about the other. I'm sure there are those who have made up their mind that ALL Honda owners are idiots, and some feel that ALL Vette owners are jerks.
We have some guys here, that drive imports, that have our respect because they are true motor heads, and appreciate all cars for their potential. As do most of us, including me!
Why did this all take place?, because ONE guy f@rted in church. :eek:

SHOOT THE WHOLE CONGRIGATION!!! SEND 'EM ALL TO HELL! :D:D:D

chargedvette02 04-01-2007 02:29 AM

Uh...oh!!!
I did use a four letter word though......"TWIT"!!! [:o]

Next time, test the water before jumpin' in.;)

If you guys had just let it go, none of these hard feelings would have come about. Now everyone on both sides are forming opinions about the other. I'm sure there are those who have made up their mind that ALL Honda owners are idiots, and some feel that ALL Vette owners are jerks.
We have some guys here, that drive imports, that have our respect because they are true motor heads, and appreciate all cars for their potential. As do most of us, including me!
Why did this all take place?, because ONE guy f@rted in church. :eek:

SHOOT THE WHOLE CONGRIGATION!!! SEND 'EM ALL TO HELL! :D:D:D
Sazaaaam!

Lee Willis 04-01-2007 03:03 PM

I find these people particularly annoying. I notice one recently claimed that ". . . the flatter your car corners the more weight is shifted the outside tires . . "

Entire generations of Formula 1 car designers would be horrified to hear this, after all the trouble and innovation they have gone to to keep their cars as flat as possible so some weight stays on the inside during high-G turns.

The raw stupidity of idiots in large groups never ceases to amaze me.

C3 Starship 04-01-2007 11:15 PM

:D:D:DFrom one "idiot" to another...........This "idiot", is glad, not to be alone, Lee! :D:D:D

razoramowned 04-02-2007 03:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I find these people particularly annoying. I notice one recently claimed that ". . . the flatter your car corners the more weight is shifted the outside tires . . "

Entire generations of Formula 1 car designers would be horrified to hear this, after all the trouble and innovation they have gone to to keep their cars as flat as possible so some weight stays on the inside during high-G turns.

The raw stupidity of idiots in large groups never ceases to amaze me.
[/align][/align]
You can say it is me, no need to be coy.

But please further elaborate, I am wrong. I'd like to gain more insight about my mistake. My wording mightbe horrible, but there is no need to call names for the sake of all forum members. If you are so appalled by the "raw stupidity of idiots", you should avoid speaking condescendingly and provide a good example of communicating with others on this forum. I appreciate your email by the way. I hope no one took my bad advice.

Let me ask this though, is it not true that an anti-sway bar (which primarily fights body roll, therefore making your car corner flatter) transfers load from the inside tire to the outside tire for the duration of a turn? more specifically in situations as increasing front anti-sway bar stiffness, "weight" as you so put it, is taken from the front inside tire and planted to the front outside tire, correct? Also which increases understeer, I might add. And am I wrong that the front outside tire is going to have to carry the work of the front inside tire? and by carrying increase load, will the tire not generate more heat?

On my last note I want to note that cornering flat can also be achieved by altering roll center, spring rates, as well as a variety of other techniques. I admit my statement is misleading, but a large majority of car enthusiasts, increase sway bar stiffness as one of the first upgrades.[/align]

Lee Willis 04-02-2007 07:56 PM

Sway bars have more to do with turn in and transient response ("sway") than ultimate lean or cornering capability.

Lee Willis 04-02-2007 09:06 PM

More -

If you seriously want to learn about suspensions and handling, it can't be done with short answers here: it is a truly complicated issue and most "conventional wisdom" is wrong. It's very complicated and it very much depends what you want. For real handling I'd pick a soft suspension with good roll, actually, but tough bushings and sway bars. It is a myth that stiff suspensions are always the answer -- they are usually only an answer in the sense of being the only path to better handling once you've locked in the rest of the design, etc.

anyway . . . don't try to learn this stuff by standing around talking about cars with friends, even so called experts whose claim to fame is that they have spent more on their cars than you -- most of what you will here will be wrong or misinterpreted. Get info from some good references: read good books on the subject. Here are four among those I have that may be available.

Competition Car Suspension -- Allan Staniforth. This is a bible on pure race car suspension design, wrien nearly 20 years ago and still considered the best book of "formula 1"and extreme handling car suspension design. Maybe too much for street cars (which, though modified, start with stock suspensions, but it covers the real top end of what car design trties to do.

Car Suspensions at Work -- Jeffery Daniels. This book is hard to find, written some years ago, but very good because it goes over very well the basic suspensions in cars (MacPherson struts, etc.) and how to tune them for more handling, etc.

Chassis Engineering - Herb Adams. A bit more technical but pretty good at getting into the real details.

There are much deeper boosk, pure engineering books like Vehcile Dynamics and Control and R. Rajamani, but they are mostly for college courses in auto design, etc. I'd recommend Daniel's book if you can find it and Staniforth's regardless. Also, some time goiogling or seraching amazon.com will probably find some other books on the subject.

Finally, the very god of automobile handling is of course Colin Chapman (the founder of Lotus). This is a link to a serious book on how and why he designed his cars the way he did. It will not be easy to understand without some preliminary learning from the other books, but it you understand all ofthis, you know cars.

http://www.amazon.com/Colin-Chapman-.../dp/1855328720

razoramowned 04-03-2007 01:19 AM

thank you lee, if i may call you that. i appreciate your effort and time in pulling refrences for me. i hope we'll meet each other on the track one day. i have much to learn =)

C3 Starship 04-03-2007 10:28 AM

Well, well, :eek:...............I hear a whole dif tune bein' played now. ;)

Lee, you never cease to amaze me with the info you bring to CF. [sm=hail.gif]
I never read any books, I just picked up info from drivers and builders with more experience than I. On the track you'd think we were bitter enemies, but in the pits, we all worked together to keep the new guys running. [sm=icon_rock.gif]