Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I need help guys (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/i-need-help-guys-4980/)

Navy Flyboy 02-09-2007 05:10 PM

I need help guys

Alright, how to start, well, here goes.
At my school, if you get in a fight you get arrested and taken downtown. Once your parents bail you out, you get suspended for 8 days. If you miss 8 days, you automatically fail your classes due to absense. You can't make up suspension days. So, you get in a fight, you shoot that semester to hell. Theres some background, now the story

I'm 16, 10th grade, 5'7", 140 lb. I sit with some of my friends at lunch and one of THEIR friends, is a 9th grader. maybe 5'5", 110, maybe 115. Ok, this guy must be jealous of me, because I'm a straight A student, 3.9 GPA, 4.47 on the weighted GPA scale. I have a very good looking girlfriend (everyone knows we've been dating for 14 months and seniors still hit on her sometimes). I drive a Corvette. You know, every reason in the book for him to be jealous. Now, this kid is very immature, I can tell by the way he acts, I've been told by more than one teacher. Well, in his wonderful spurts of maturity, he starts calling me gay, and fagbag, and homo, and awfully bad, just HORENDOUS(to me, I'm not very tolerent of those people. Religious reasons I'm not going to get into here, I'm a Christian) insults. I tolerate it, I've asked him why he says it and he says, "Because you are". One day, I sit down, and apparently I sat in his seat. He pushes me out. I got off, dropped my book bag, and had my fist raised. I bought beat the living sh** out of this little prick. Then I told myself, no, don't do it, your scholarship will be out the door and so will your career/life. So I refrained. It's not stopped. I'm just trying to ignore his immature remarks, but he sits with my only friends at that lunch (there are 3 lunch periods at my school) so now it's gotten to the point where I dread lunch. What do I do? I've thought about breaking his neck outside of school, but I really don't know what to do. My daddy is angry at me because I won't hit him, he says I'm backing down and letting him be the better man, but I see it as I'm being the bigger man because I'm not dropping down to his level. But I'm tired of it. I don't want one of the admin. to talk to him because I believe that will only make it worse.

So please guys, give me some honest to God help, I can't afford to fail my classes because I have to keep my grades up for college admissions. Thanks in advance guys.

C3 Starship 02-09-2007 05:44 PM

RE: I need help guys

IMO, you're doin' the right thing by not fightin' the twit. I know it's hard, but everytime you respond, he"ll go further.When you stop lettin' him know it bothers you, he'll quit. Just laugh and walk away.Try gettin' your "Friends" toignorehim, and find a new place to sit. Your real friends will come join you.;)

TopSpeed 02-09-2007 05:55 PM

I am very impressed with how you've been dealing with that, so far!! VERY impressed! I have to say, in this circumstance here, I don't really personally agree with your dad there, my friend.

This guy sounds VERY immature, and quite frankly, you do not. It takes a lot more of what it means to "be a man" to be able to stand in the face of adversity like that, and take the high road, my friend.

You, sir, are 1000x times the "man" than that other fellow is, make NO mistake about that.

These are the very hardest lessons in life, in my humble opinion, this ability to "pick your battles". Now, don't get me wrong, there are definately times and places where a pair of steel toe boots quickly coupled to some jerks posterior are exactly what's in order.... and there are times where it isn't.

Probably the only really good advice I can give you is this: ask yourself if it's worth it. Is the risk worth the reward here? Sure, you'd feel a LOT better after turning that dude into a solid pound of gravy, no doubt about it... but it would come at the cost of your education, and it sounds like it might even impact your future somewhat.

My hat is off to you, good sir, I admire the intestinal fortitude you've displayed to-date on this. I wish you the very best. Please don't hesitate to post anymore questions or observations or whathaveyou you might have, we're a family here, bro. :) Best wishes.

94blackC4 02-09-2007 10:23 PM

Hey guys, I know I havent posted here in a while, but I figured I would make a special effort for this thread. And bear with me because I know this might upset some of you.

Ok, Here is my "Honest to God" opinion. I, too, am a Christian, so this isnt coming from some hot head that just wants you to get in trouble. I graduated from highschool about 3 years ago. I am 20 years old now. I understand that you CANNOT and SHOULD NOT hit him in school. But, I learned in my years in High School, that you cannot back down from someone. It will make the remaining years of your High School career hell. Again, DO NOT hit him in school. If you have to, find him after school and knock the crap out of him and leave. It is my understanding that until a student walks through their front door to their house after school, they are considered to be on "School property". Well you have to wait until after that point.

Now, I know everyone is probably thinking at this point that it is stupid to solve things with violence. My response to that is that violence may not be the answer, but it is the most direct route to a resolution. If you fight him outside of school, you cant get in trouble with the school. Everyone will still hear about it because someone will know and then they will say something and then it will be gossip. You will please your dad, appease your anger towards this kid, and you will hopefully shut him up.

Just as a disclaimer, I am not going to say that the kid wont press charges on you or anything, as I have no idea what will happen. Everything I have just said is speculation so take caution in agreeing with anything I have said. And also, for those people who are about to flame me for posting something like this, just ask yourselves, "When I was a teenager, did I understand the importance of displaying my masculinity?". High School is like survival of the fittest, guys. Only the strong survive.

Matt

Navy Flyboy 02-09-2007 11:06 PM

Wow, those are totally diff responses than i thought I would get. I thought everyone would say I'm being a little girl.
Man, I appreciate everyones support, and I'll take all the responses to heart and think on them(even BlackC4, it sure would be nice to see him unconscious on the ground)
I just hope this gets straightened up soon. It sure makes life unenjoyable when I don't enjoy lunch. That used to be my favorite time of the day!!

blueshark 02-09-2007 11:14 PM

Well young man, I am very impressed with you as well. no disrespect but your father is wrong that this pinhead is getting the best of you. you are mature beyond your years. I agree with both points of view posted here. You are doing the right thing considering the consequences. Your decsion shows your intellagence.As for your "friends"....if they sit by idly doing nothing they are not your friends. while on school property the best thing to do is smile and walk away.

On the other hand I understand your plight. When in School I was picked on for the opposite reasons. I was poor and an orphan. I did as you and ignored it while in Schooland in the real worldwhen confronted I only defended myself.You are doing the right thing by walking away. So continue as long as you can. But rest assured that eventually it will come to a head if he doesn't grow bored. as long as you react he will continue.That's the way bully's work.hopefully if you ignore him he will stop, but if it comes to be physical keep your head and only defend yourself.

"Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never harm me! but if he swings I have the right to come down on him like an army.

Hang in there Kiddo, your on the right trac. When you find your carrier and are bringing down 6 figures he'll be asking you if you want fries with that order. Keep up the good work. Your education is going to carry you further in life than a reputation for being a hard ass. and yourresolve will gain you respect.

Cheers

rjensen 02-09-2007 11:18 PM

Hey, Jonathan!
I am so glad you have turned to your friends on the Forum for advice. Now, I'm not a guy, so I guess in this case, I am speaking out of school, BUT - I think you are absolutely doing the right thing. Don't let this little nerd mess with your head. You are dead right - he is jealous of you. If I were you, I would just smile and keep on walking. Now if he throws a punch - DECK EM! (Admin can't take anything away from your for protecting yourself, and if they try - threaten to take legal action against them..)

Does this little turd have a girlfriend? I bet not, but you do. I would find somewhere else to sit and when you can't avoid him, just smile and keep on walking. And if your girlfriend is with you at the time, lay a liplock on her.

I just conferred with my husband and he agrees you are doing the right thing. My husband said, don't sink down to his level, or he wins. Just stay the classy guy you are and ignore him.

Take care, stay safe and keep in touch with the guys in the Forum on this one. We all care about you - BIG TIME!
Rita

Kobegotskillz 02-09-2007 11:48 PM

I'm very impressed, as the others who responded. I'm also not in favor of being a punching bag. Don't let him ruin your future, but if you see him outside of school, all alone, walk up and ask what his problem is. No friends around. No attention for him. Just you and him. That's how you'll find out his true intentions (seems to me he's jealous and wants attention).

If he acts up, pop him one. But I serious doubt it comes to that. I think he'll give in because you approached him first and it'll be over before you know it. Might even become friends.

Best of luck!

C3 Starship 02-10-2007 12:09 AM

94blackC4 and blueshark.........[sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif]
Very good, my dear gentlemen!!!:)[sm=icon_rock.gif]

"My face, I don't mind it,
for I am behind it.
It's the ones who are in front,
that I jar!" :D
quote: from my Dad

chargedvette02 02-10-2007 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

Alright, how to start, well, here goes.
At my school, if you get in a fight you get arrested and taken downtown. Once your parents bail you out, you get suspended for 8 days. If you miss 8 days, you automatically fail your classes due to absense. You can't make up suspension days. So, you get in a fight, you shoot that semester to hell. Theres some background, now the story

I'm 16, 10th grade, 5'7", 140 lb. I sit with some of my friends at lunch and one of THEIR friends, is a 9th grader. maybe 5'5", 110, maybe 115. Ok, this guy must be jealous of me, because I'm a straight A student, 3.9 GPA, 4.47 on the weighted GPA scale. I have a very good looking girlfriend (everyone knows we've been dating for 14 months and seniors still hit on her sometimes). I drive a Corvette. You know, every reason in the book for him to be jealous. Now, this kid is very immature, I can tell by the way he acts, I've been told by more than one teacher. Well, in his wonderful spurts of maturity, he starts calling me gay, and fagbag, and homo, and awfully bad, just HORENDOUS(to me, I'm not very tolerent of those people. Religious reasons I'm not going to get into here, I'm a Christian) insults. I tolerate it, I've asked him why he says it and he says, "Because you are". One day, I sit down, and apparently I sat in his seat. He pushes me out. I got off, dropped my book bag, and had my fist raised. I bought beat the living sh** out of this little prick. Then I told myself, no, don't do it, your scholarship will be out the door and so will your career/life. So I refrained. It's not stopped. I'm just trying to ignore his immature remarks, but he sits with my only friends at that lunch (there are 3 lunch periods at my school) so now it's gotten to the point where I dread lunch. What do I do? I've thought about breaking his neck outside of school, but I really don't know what to do. My daddy is angry at me because I won't hit him, he says I'm backing down and letting him be the better man, but I see it as I'm being the bigger man because I'm not dropping down to his level. But I'm tired of it. I don't want one of the admin. to talk to him because I believe that will only make it worse.

So please guys, give me some honest to God help, I can't afford to fail my classes because I have to keep my grades up for college admissions. Thanks in advance guys.
Why don't you just say..... LOOK AT MY HOT GIRLFRIENDwhen he calls u a homo? Also mention that you drive a fairly new corvette:D. That will also get to him without you getting into a fight. Also this was a rule at my school; if you got into a fight with another student during the school year outside of school you would still be suspended. So just be careful before picking a fight outside of school if you decide to go that route.