Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   If I had it to do over again... (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/if-i-had-do-over-again-2681/)

06 Vette 08-16-2006 10:56 AM

If I had it to do over again...

I sometimes think I'd of chosen white...the monterey red is so hard to keep clean, any lil smudge shows like with opening the doors/trunk immediately fingerprints. We debated white cuz I learned a long time ago that white's awesome in not showing things. We have bout 50 fleet trucks, all in white in addition to all our personal autos in white, they don't show dings, ya don't have to wash em as often, white is great. But let's face it...in my opinion just don't look as pretty. Mine is red & if I had it to do over again I'd probably still go with the red, I just contemplate it every once in a while.

TopSpeed 08-16-2006 02:24 PM

RE: If I had it to do over again...

Oh boy, did you pick the right color on your car!! Sure, white is easier to take care of, and looks great too, but IMHO, the color choice you made is top drawer. Our red car is kind of similar in the way it needs to be constantly washed to look it's best.

We call it a labor of love! :D

percentages 08-17-2006 04:48 AM

Red is a great color, requires a lot of maintenance though!

I would never choose white, I chose Silver instead of high maintenance red. Silver looks classy, but, is much lower on maintenance :)

I would have gone for the grey interior, but, the wife insisted on beige (Silver and Beige....go figure).....turned out great. The dealer's wife offered us considerably more than we paid for the car the day it arrived at their garage.

Sometimes odd color schemes work....especially when the finer sex is involved :)

06 Vette 08-17-2006 11:00 AM

hehe yep sometimes we women kno how to pick things out!

Lee Willis 08-17-2006 11:17 AM

I sort of figure if you want something in white, buy a refrigerator.

TopSpeed 08-17-2006 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I sort of figure if you want something in white, buy a refrigerator.
*thumps on desk* Bwaaaaaahahahaha! Jeez, yeh, but they ain't that comfy to motor aroun' in!!! :D

C3 Starship 08-17-2006 02:08 PM

:D:D:D Now that would be a"COOL" ride!!!:D:D:D

TopSpeed 08-17-2006 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

:D:D:D Now that would be a"COOL" ride!!!:D:D:D
Talk about frostin' yer cheeks! :D

PAY2PLAY 08-22-2006 10:13 AM

I really wanted to get blue, but I was having an extremely hard time finding on for the right price with the right amount of miles on it. But I can't really say that I am unhappy with my choose the silver is very nice. The only thing about silver that I don't like is when you wash and wax it, it does "pop" like some of the darker colors that give you that amazingly deep shine.

TopSpeed 08-22-2006 02:06 PM

We love silver on Vette's. [8D]