Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   If you HAD to trade in your Vette what would you replace it with? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/if-you-had-trade-your-vette-what-would-you-replace-5262/)

Drdino52 03-13-2007 11:13 PM

If you HAD to trade in your Vette what would you replace it with?

feel free to get specific with your answers

repodude43 03-14-2007 01:07 AM

RE: If you HAD to trade in your Vette what would you replace it with?

sorry i would want another vette

C3 Starship 03-14-2007 01:11 AM

I take it that I wouldn't be able to replace it with another Vette, so...........
A 1970 Ferrari Dino! :)

.....or a '34 Ford 3 window coupe with a 350 4 bolt! ;)

Drdino52 03-14-2007 01:17 AM

Come on 43 you can't pick another vette. SomethingOTHER than a Vette. I would go with the new Jag XJ convertible very nice, 400+ hp ,but no manual transmissionavailable.[:@]

wrwalke 03-14-2007 01:28 AM

Hmmm... That would be the XKR, not XJ. :D Cosworth did a nice job on the SC'd 4.2 litre, and the automagic actually isn't too bad in that one. The XJ is the 4-door family Jag. I had a euro-spec 2001 VDP XJ8, and a 95 XJ6. Very nice rides.

Since the Vette is my 2-seater fun car for running to Wallyworld for diapers and dog food... I'd have to go with either a Porsche 968 cabrio tiptronic (I actually fit nicely in that one), a DeTomaso Mangusta, or a Studebaker Avanti.

bill.

C3 Starship 03-14-2007 01:35 AM

So...Drdino52, what's your choice? :eek:

chargedvette02 03-14-2007 02:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is easy because I consider this everyday. I would absolutey trade my vette in for a 97 or 98 Toyota Supra single turbo or twin turbo. The only way I would do this is if it had low miles and almost no mods. The problem is they hold their value extremley well. A Supra from those years with low miles (under 30,000 miles)even on ebay goes for over $30,000

Here is some pics and no I don't care how ricey you guys think they are, this car has some serious balls.:D

Attachment 2658
Attachment 2659

This one has a body kit on it.

Kimber 03-14-2007 11:46 AM

I would have to pick the Ford GT. If I was going to stay with an American Auto Maker, I would have to choose the Ford GT.

Phill 03-14-2007 06:05 PM

Id go with a first gen camaro. always wanted one. and i will own one one day, just cant afford it right now.

78buckshot 03-14-2007 09:08 PM

Sorry if I disapoint anyone with my choice, it would be a GM one ton dually crewcab four wheel drive diesel. I've had two 80's crewcabs, one was a dually, the other single wheels, both were 454's, great trucks for the intended purpose although a little tough on gas mileage.