Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I'm messed up (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/im-messed-up-5214/)

riley 03-07-2007 03:51 PM

I'm messed up

I'm starting to pretend that I'm driving my vette, even though I'm really driving my truck. That doesn't work well, especially in turns.

The last time that I shaved was the last time that I drove it. I'm starting to look rough. People move away from me in crowds (more so than usual).

My boss came into my cube this morning and caught me looking at pictures of it. He didn't say anything, but, you know....

I drove out of my way yesterday so that I could look at a Z06 in a parking lot. When I told my co-worker why it took me so long to get back to work, he just stared at me....

When I go over to my parents house where it is stored, I go into the garage first to check on it. Then I go in and see my parents. Sometimes I just go into the garage and don't go into the house.

I'm starting to have this fear that I've forgotten how to drive it.

This is my first vette and the first year that I' had it. Will this happen every year?

Kimber 03-07-2007 07:45 PM

RE: I'm messed up

Holy Cow! we need to start a support group or something! I feel the exact same way..... I mean it is all consuming. Mine is parked in my garage, I know it is there because I parked it there. I locked the doors, I locked the garage, I set the home alarm, yet I still open the door to look at it. I have a company vehicle that I drive back and forth to work. It is a ford POS, I find myself trying to drive it like my vette....poor Ford..........I want to drive it all the time, I feel like I am sixteen and just got my license.... You remember......"yeah sure Mom I will run to the store and pick up milk"...... If my wife even says she does not like something, then I say " no problemo, I will jump in the vette and get you a new one". Only problem is I am not getting to drive it near as much as I want to. If a car could be crack, this Vette would be the crack of crack.... Ok Ok I am going to step back away from the computer take a deep breath, and try not to run to the garage and look at the car again.

C3 Starship 03-07-2007 10:10 PM

Well,.....I'm messed up too. [&:]
Even after the weather breaks, I still have to instal the 454. [&o]

"I'm starting to pretend that I'm driving my vette, even though I'm really driving my truck. That doesn't work well, especially in turns."

Yup, just ain't the same! [:o]

And yes, this will happen every year! ;)

repodude43 03-09-2007 03:52 PM

i get to drive mine everday park it front of my office and go out an wipe it down during the day look for any reason to drive it take it to ever car show i can usally 1 a week thats normal RITE.

TopSpeed 03-13-2007 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: riley

I'm starting to pretend that I'm driving my vette, even though I'm really driving my truck. That doesn't work well, especially in turns.

The last time that I shaved was the last time that I drove it. I'm starting to look rough. People move away from me in crowds (more so than usual).

My boss came into my cube this morning and caught me looking at pictures of it. He didn't say anything, but, you know....

I drove out of my way yesterday so that I could look at a Z06 in a parking lot. When I told my co-worker why it took me so long to get back to work, he just stared at me....

When I go over to my parents house where it is stored, I go into the garage first to check on it. Then I go in and see my parents. Sometimes I just go into the garage and don't go into the house.

I'm starting to have this fear that I've forgotten how to drive it.

This is my first vette and the first year that I' had it. Will this happen every year?

God, yes!!! Sweet Jesus, oh yes it will. It's just like bein' doomed, but in a good way, really....

Bro, you got it bad. As bad as the rest of us here. DO NOT BE ALARMED! This is completely normal behaviour for a true Corvette lover. The only time this is of concern is if your wife/girlfriend/S/O shouts out to you in the house, and you respond, "Yes, Corvette?" Then, yer in for a world of pain, but other than that... accept it as your new way of life. :D

C3 Starship 03-14-2007 12:55 AM

"Yes Corvette?"....:D
Don't forget to add "Dear"! :D:D:D

(You funny T.S. :D)

TopSpeed 03-15-2007 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

"Yes Corvette?"....:D
Don't forget to add "Dear"! :D:D:D

(You funny T.S. :D)
Just as a matter of reference, steaks do NOT make a black eye heal faster. :D