Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   My absense of late on the forums (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/my-absense-late-forums-6218/)

TopSpeed 05-31-2007 11:52 AM

My absense of late on the forums

Hey folks, I have really been trying to get to the forums more than I have lately, and there's a reason for my absense and just wanted to let everyone know...

As most of you know, I do about 50-60 hours a week here running a software engineering team. I also am part-owner of a technology company. Well, my personal company has been dormant, more-or-less, for the last 3 years as me and my business partner have been exploring opportunities and doing some (failed) pilot projects etc.

Recently we have been approached by a large technology based University here in BC, in partnership with Bell Canada Wireless, to look at some really advanced pilot technology in the communication and security fields.

So, this has been taking a lot of what little free time I have had lately to attend to. My personal long-term goals are to get my company going so I can leave the job I have and have some more control over my own life here.

Anyways, that's a whole lot of "blah blah" to really say... I'm sorry for my absense, and I have been thinking of you all, and missing the forums lately. :)

Wish me luck moving forward here! I have a huge meeting this afternoon, where things will start to be fleshed out in more detail... this could be the beginning of something pretty good, or it might be a giant waste of time. :D:D:D:D

riley 05-31-2007 02:37 PM

RE: My absense of late on the forums

Good luck with your meeting. I hope that everything goes smoothly and to your advantage.

I've been down both paths with startups (pretty good and giant waste of time) and I know that it's really hard to tell which is which in the beginning. In this case, I hope it's the former.

Dale

TopSpeed 05-31-2007 02:46 PM

Thanks, Dale, that means a lot to me my good friend. With your good luck wishes here, what could possibly go wrong?? :D I am actually starting to get pretty excited here; the meeting is in 45 minutes now. :)

chargedvette02 05-31-2007 05:11 PM

Good luck TS, just have fun with it and what ever happens.... happens.;)

C3 Starship 05-31-2007 07:05 PM

Go get 'em Bro! Ya never know 'til ya try. ;)
Best wishes in your venture. :)

PAY2PLAY 05-31-2007 09:33 PM

Alright, the meeting is over and we are still waiting to hear the exciting news so we can start doing the wave[sm=groupwave.gif]

C3 Starship 05-31-2007 09:49 PM

" Anyways, that's a whole lot of "blah blah" to really say... I'm sorry for my absense."

Just don't make a habit of it, O. K.? [:@]:D

blueshark 05-31-2007 10:44 PM

Cool...Hope it works.... just don't forget where you came from boy! Cheers and...Like Dave said.....

TopSpeed 06-01-2007 12:20 PM

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

WOOT!

That went swimmingly well. We have formal agreements in place for a business alliance with my personal company, and the company I work for here. Man, this is a very confusing relationship at times. I often worry about conflict of interest, but I did manage to sit with the President in the afternoon and he assures me there is no conflict to be concerned about, so that's awesome news for sure.

So, the next step is to get together with the University and Bell and start working on getting the pilot project going. Good news/bad news. Good news: maybe this company will become something!! Bad news: I am now working 2 jobs. :D

Anyways, here we go, folks. I think I'm gonna pull the straps tight, one more time, and hang on! :D

TopSpeed 06-01-2007 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

Alright, the meeting is over and we are still waiting to hear the exciting news so we can start doing the wave[sm=groupwave.gif]
Commence thewavin's, my friend!!! Let 'r rip! :D