Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   the new Camaro (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/new-camaro-4948/)

blueshark 02-05-2007 01:45 AM

the new Camaro

Cool! EH?

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/3080EBE2B0234E6C95A1AC7D5A4A0EF4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/F2EEFE0D1577464BBCD39AB5D861E137.jpg[/IMG]

C3 Starship 02-05-2007 10:12 AM

RE: the new Camaro

I knew Detroit could do it!!! ;)
An American car, with American styling! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Unlike the "Goat" that looks like a "Rice" car. [&o]
The new "Stang" also has good lines. :)

Camero?, I like it!!![sm=bounceybounce.gif]

PAY2PLAY 02-05-2007 10:54 AM

When I first saw the Camaro last year I really liked it, but recently I saw some video of it in motion and I don't really like it anymore. The proportions seem weird to me, I can't really explain it. I'll get to finally see it in person this weekend at the Chicago Auto Show, so maybe it will look better in real life.

TopSpeed 02-05-2007 02:15 PM

Me, I might be one of the biggest fans of Camaro's that walks this planet... next to the Corvette, I think they're the greatest car in the world.

Now, the new Camaro... yeh... it's pretty cool, it's close... it's just not perfect. I think what Pay is alluding to here, is my feelings on topic; there is something not quite right about the lines on it. I cannot put my finger on it, but there is something out of proportion there. If someone gave me one, I would NOT kick it outta the garage for leakin' oil, make no mistake about that... I just can't see myself plunkin' down any skrilla on that car... I'd rather have the new Challenger. *gasp* *guffaw* *falls outta chair*

She's purdy, and she's a step in the right general direction. The 1969 Camaro Z/28 is still THE Camaro, in my books.

Kobegotskillz 02-06-2007 12:27 AM

2 questions:

What's under the hood and how much does it cost?

Navy Flyboy 02-06-2007 12:45 AM

LS2 (or some version of it) and they say 30K - 35K. Now, this makes no sense to me seeing as the 2002 SS went out at over 30K. See what I'm saying?

blueshark 02-06-2007 02:30 AM

"When I first saw the Camaro last year I really liked it, but recently I saw some video of it in motion and I don't really like it anymore. The proportions seem weird to me, I can't really explain it. I'll get to finally see it in person this weekend at the Chicago Auto Show, so maybe it will look better in real life. "........Pay2play

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Me, I might be one of the biggest fans of Camaro's that walks this planet... next to the Corvette, I think they're the greatest car in the world.

Now, the new Camaro... yeh... it's pretty cool, it's close... it's just not perfect. I think what Pay is alluding to here, is my feelings on topic; there is something not quite right about the lines on it. I cannot put my finger on it, but there is something out of proportion there. If someone gave me one, I would NOT kick it outta the garage for leakin' oil, make no mistake about that... I just can't see myself plunkin' down any skrilla on that car... I'd rather have the new Challenger. *gasp* *guffaw* *falls outta chair*

She's purdy, and she's a step in the right general direction. The 1969 Camaro Z/28 is still THE Camaro, in my books.
I agree with this sentament as well. It seems as though it has too much freeboard. sorta talland bulky in the sides,but still a good looking ride. As long as they build it with a big block!....the new one........emmmmmmm..........BIG, big blocks.....

blueshark 02-06-2007 03:43 AM

https://www.corvetteforums.com/upfil...7D5A4A0EF4.jpg

Keep the deck lines the same but takefour inches of hight out of the sides and lower the cockpit an additionalfour inches between the tires.Put it on the new vette suspension and put a huge block in it.

C3 Starship 02-06-2007 10:15 AM

I see what ya mean, that 4" would make a much sleeker profile.
Still looks "BAD"!!! ;)

blueshark 02-07-2007 01:09 AM

I like the angry grill.....it just says ....Try me!!