Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Scientists Offer Dire Forecast for Earth (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/scientists-offer-dire-forecast-earth-5245/)

PAY2PLAY 03-11-2007 04:43 PM

Scientists Offer Dire Forecast for Earth

This is a pretty interesting and scary article I just came across on AOL:
http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001

C3 Starship 03-11-2007 05:39 PM

RE: Scientists Offer Dire Forecast for Earth

:DHey Pay....you ol' "Schmidt" stirer! :D
I explained my opinion on this subject in another post.

Proven scientific fact.....
Volcano co2 emissions far out produce the biological production of so called "green house" gases. ;)

( Now I could get into scriptural explanations of the climate changes, but I won't do scriptural battle here, this just isn't the place for it, too much controvercy on biblical interpretations. Want my opinion? PM me, and I'll do my best to explain my biblical interpretation. I won't argue about it, just give my opinion. Take it or leave it, Ireally don't care. :))

The climatic changes are a natural cycle of the earth. Just as with the cycles of the sun, phases of the moon, or the movment of the galaxies in the universe. There ain't squat we can do about it 'cept adapt! :)

Producing a car that drops emissions by 80%, so some "people" propose, won't matter. Just as the moon moves closer and further away from the earth, the earth moves closer and further from the sun too. This happens over thousands and thousands of years, and will again cycle to what we now call "normal".

Did y'all know that the magnetic lines from the poles change directions? It has been proven that this does take place, and that your compass that now reads "north" will some day read "south", and still point in the same direction! :)

IMHO, it's all political hype to "convince" the public that "WE" are in charge. :eek:
Sheeesh, give it a break!Don't get "Gore..'d"! :D

C3 Starship 03-11-2007 06:05 PM

Oh ya.....
did y'all know that our sun is going to go "Super Nova", wipe out all the planets in our solar system, fry 'em to a burned out cinder, and completely vaporize our existence? Fact! ;)So what cha goin' to do about that, Al Gore? Hmmmm? :eek:
I suppose the 454 in the "Starship" will cause this too! :D

I find this to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Thanks Pay, I needed a good laugh on this bright sunny Sunday! :D[sm=happybounce.gif]:D

PAY2PLAY 03-11-2007 09:28 PM

Glad I could provide a good laugh for...I feel pretty much the same that you do on the subject. The Earth and the Universe for that matter are going to do what they want to do and unfortunately we are very limited in what ability we have to persuade what happens around us on that level of nature. Hopefully I live a long life and die of natural cause but at some point in the future the population of the Earth will be destroyed either by an asteroid or as Starship said a Super Nova of the Sun.[/align]

chargedvette02 03-12-2007 02:46 AM

As C3 had said about volcanoes. Mt. St Helens erruption put out more green house gasses than 100 years of automobiles combined. Global warming is a scam, the earth goes through cycles. How comemost ofthe record highs as well as the record lows atleast near where I live were set in the early 1900's? If global warming is true then how come record highs and lowsarent being set every year? It's a scam.[:-]The earth goes through times of ice ages and melting; Denver wason the coastaccordingto scientists millions of years ago. There were ice ages before humans were "creating" global warming. Again, it's a scam!!!!!!!

TopSpeed 03-13-2007 02:48 PM

I'm waiting for this "warm" thing they keep mentioning. Yet, every morning this winter I wake up to frost. Which they refer to as "freak weather" up here...... it's Global Colding. Sheesh... some people can't read a thermometer. :D:D:D:D

C3 Starship 03-14-2007 01:19 AM

And one last thing.......
Our galaxy is on a collision course with another galaxy! [:o]
Face it y'all, we're doomed, so make the best of it, and drive your Vette 'til it's allll over and done! :D

"To infinity..... and beyond!" :)
Buz Lightyear

3BlkC4Ragtop 03-15-2007 01:16 AM

Ahhh.. some Mexicans(Maya) figured this crap out a few years back.. the world is gonna end in 2012... so I'm with ya.. just drive it till the wheels fall off.. bolt em back on and drive it some more.

http://survive2012.com/

oh, and saliva causes stomach cancer, but only when swallowed in small amounts, over a long period of time.
...George Carlin

ps.. I've been on aol also since about 1895 and they really have gone so far leftit's very sad.. I rarely read anything they put up in front of me anymore. They really make me feel like they are ramming their point of view down my throat.. so I lost respect for them. (and stopped paying them)

C3 Starship 03-15-2007 04:47 AM

....2012? I've heard that!

For those who might know of what I speak, and where it's mentiond, I have one word.....

WORMWOOD!

Phill 03-15-2007 10:33 AM

Global warming. Ive also heard that the sky will be falling.