Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Voting choices (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/voting-choices-10182/)

C3 Starship 09-24-2008 08:33 PM

Voting choices

We all have the choice to vote from time to time.
Given the opportunity, how do you determine your voting agenda?
We are all entitled to our own opinion, what is yours?
I am not trying to promote any particular candidate, just wondering about your outlook on the choicesin voting.
You need not identify youself, but please vote. :)

PS....
All votes will be counted, evenfrom Florida. :D

Wedge 09-24-2008 09:00 PM

RE: Voting choices

I like the categories! I am a child of the Nixon generation. The one thing that taught me is that they only work for themselves... or the corporation that sponsors them. At this point, Im not really that happy with either choice.

My response to those that still say they are on the fence is simply this: if you are happy and comfortable with what has happened in the last 8 years you know what to do, if youre unhappy, vote for the other guys. Probably wont make a huge difference, but it cant really be any worse. Me... Im voting for the other guys.
[align=left] [/align]

C3 Starship 09-24-2008 09:42 PM

Oh ya, Nixon. :eek:That was the first time I could vote. According to the popular vote, he lost, but the electorial college put him in office. [&:]
I have made my decision for the up comming election, but I will keep my choice to myself.

I vote independantly, not as an independant.

Just remember, that the house and the senate are the ones that make all the decisions. I feel that's where we need the 'change'.

I appoligize that this poll does not seem to be working. I guess we all live in Florida, at least for now. [&o]

Your opinions are welcome though, lets try to keep to the point of voting and not the promotion of any particular candidate.

BTW, I threw my hat in the ring months ago. :D

You bail water out of a sinking boat, you bail out of a burning plane, and you can bale hay, but,.....the bailing out of big business at the cost to 'we the people' is, to me, outragous!
I didn't get to vote on that, did you? [:@]

wrwalke 09-25-2008 08:47 AM

Like they say in Chicago, vote early and often... even if you are dead.

bill.

Lee Willis 09-25-2008 04:41 PM

I tried to vote but got an error.

Like that freudian slip spelling of "waist" of time. I'm a bit larger than average girth does that mean my vote will count more than a skinny person's?

Wedge 09-25-2008 05:21 PM

Seems to work that way for the 'larger states' in the Electoral College!
[align=left] [/align]

C3 Starship 09-25-2008 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Like that freudian slip spelling of "waist" of time.
Ya know, it just didn't look right, I tried puting an 'e' at the end and that didn't look right either. :eek:
Wasn't a Feudian slip pink, with a blue waist?, er...uh...waste, no,...it's waist. :D