Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LIKE?? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-kind-music-do-you-like-2514/)

94blackC4 08-01-2006 11:31 PM

WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LIKE??

Well, I listen to all types of music, but my favorite for the time being is country. I would like to hear from everyone else what theirs is though. Specify some of your favorite artists in your post also.

C3 Starship 08-02-2006 01:30 AM

RE: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LIKE??

Man, did you open a can of worms!!!!!
Being a guitar player for the last 40+yrs, I lean toward Instrumentals. I find that words just get in the way of enjoying really great music. I play music from the 1800's through the '70's, but really get down with a good R&B. Ol' timey, country, bluegrass, and 50's, 60's,and 70's R&R. Big Band era and swing, then throw in some ragtime for good measure. (Not throwing flowers on myself, but I'm fairly good and have written some myself.) My Dad Got me started, then I spent alot of time by myself working it out. I don't read music, it's all by ear. I'd rather play MUSIC than do anything, that's right, ANYTHING!!! (It's a whole world, in it's self!)
Favorite musicians: Ever heard of the "Ventures"?, great group! Roy Clark is my hero, with Chet Atkins as a close second. And don't forget Merle Travis! "Charo" is not only GREAT looking, but is ranked #2 in the world as a classical guitarist. Eric Clapton and Rick Derringer deserve mention. Anybody ever hear of Stanley Jordon? This guy is absolutely amazing. If you've ever seen him play, you know why. There are so many songs and so many musicians that have been a big part of my musical makeup, it's really hard to focus in on any one, or two, or three, etc., etc.
The great thing about my Vette, is that I can fit my wife, a suitcase, my amp, and my '77 Gibson ES335 TD w/Bigsby inside, and go to a Gig or just to play with friends, in STYLE, AND PDQ!!! When I'm at home I just, "play with myself"

06 Vette 08-02-2006 02:03 AM

Country/rock, but more of the old time rock n roll (since I was a teen late 70s/early 80s). I love Kid Rock too, which my husband thinks I'm nuts! BUT when Kid's not playing his garbage & singing where you can truly hear his voice, he has a great voice in my opinion. He did a remake of Bad Company's "Feel like makin love" that was great but when he went into the chorus it was major heavy metal which (for me) was a bit much.

chargedvette02 08-02-2006 02:38 AM

Rap and classic rock lol, im 21 what can I say.:D

94blackC4 08-02-2006 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Rap and classic rock lol, im 21 what can I say.:D
Lol, im only 19 an i like country. But I am from Virginia Beach, which isnt really country by any means, but everything around it is.

TopSpeed 08-02-2006 04:04 PM

Heavy Metal. I've actually recorded an entire album in the digital studio I used to have....

Guitar based metal for me. My favorite right now is Zakk Wyle and his Black Label Society. Followed closely by Dave Mustaine and Megadeth.

I love bein' an ol' guy, rollin' to a light with "Stronger Than Death" playin'.... you get a lot of double-takes. :D

94blackC4 08-02-2006 04:32 PM

Haha, i get the same reaction from people when i pull up blarin some Brooks & Dunn wearin a hat with a big Confederate flag on the front and says Confederate States of America on the back. But, we are in the south and none of the navy guys around here understand it :D

TopSpeed 08-02-2006 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Haha, i get the same reaction from people when i pull up blarin some Brooks & Dunn wearin a hat with a big Confederate flag on the front and says Confederate States of America on the back. But, we are in the south and none of the navy guys around here understand it :D
I LOVE IT, MY FRIEND!!!! :D Way cool!!!!

94blackC4 08-02-2006 07:48 PM

Thats funny, nobody voted for Techno yet. I figured that would be picked fairly soon. All of the "mid-life crisis" guys around here that have Corvettes listen to techno, i guess, because it makes them feel young. It is pretty funny to pull up to a stop light and hear this thumping that you absolutely KNOW youve heard the weird guys at the mall dancing to in Konami's Dance Dance Revolution Video Game. You look around and its a 45-55 year old white male. I find it entertaining. Not to joke any of you older guys that do it, but you amuse me lol

TopSpeed 08-02-2006 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Thats funny, nobody voted for Techno yet. I figured that would be picked fairly soon. All of the "mid-life crisis" guys around here that have Corvettes listen to techno, i guess, because it makes them feel young. It is pretty funny to pull up to a stop light and hear this thumping that you absolutely KNOW youve heard the weird guys at the mall dancing to in Konami's Dance Dance Revolution Video Game. You look around and its a 45-55 year old white male. I find it entertaining. Not to joke any of you older guys that do it, but you amuse me lol
*snarfs coffee on monitor* Bwaaaahahahah!!! Now, THERE'S a new mental image! Up here, never seen that one, dude.