Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!
View Poll Results: A poll
C1
13.33%
C2
26.67%
C3
6.67%
C4
6.67%
C5
13.33%
C6
33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

What is your favorite generation corvette (besides your own)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Default What is your favorite generation corvette (besides your own)

Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: What is your favorite generation corvette (besides your own)

"The last C1", 1962!!! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]
I love the body style,
but would love to have the suspension that's on my C3! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Gee, ya think the C1 body would fit my C3 frame? Hmmmmm?!?!?

Old 03-01-2007, 03:54 PM

If I ever decide to sell my c5 I will get a c6.Hopefully by that time the c6 Z will have come down in price a bit.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:28 PM

Man what a hard question to answer. I mean really!! It is this very question that hung me up buying my first Corvette. Who does not just love the look, and lines of the C1? I think all of us would give up body parts for a C1. But oh no, what about the C3s? Now who can argue that C3 is not just a very very cool ride. And what about the tech diffrences. The ability of the vehicles jummped leaps and bounds. Who would not give up body parts for a collector's eddition 82?? Then there is the jump from C3 to C5. I mean I really love the C3s, but OMG! the C5s are awsome. But right when you get all set on the C5 up roars the C6 what a marvel that machine is. The Corvette is trully the American Sports car. Someone on some other thread once said these vehicles are not mear mortal muscle cars like the Pony Cars or Trans Ams of old. These cars are legend, history, and class, not to mention the bar setter for every other sports car in the world. Even the Vipers are called Corvette Catchers, which means what? Again someone else trying to reach where we have already been. I am sorry I can't answer your question, because I love them all!!!! I think I am going to go liten to the beach boys sing about our cars,now that I am all worked up!

Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 AM

I'm to young to like the c1 vette.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Soooo........ya think I'm too old, eh?

Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 AM

Age has nothing to do with, likes or dislikes of fine workmanship, and advanced design. I am 37 years old. The C1s are before my time, but they are truly awsome, and at the time they were just like all the other corvettes well ahead of everything else on the road. Heck I could not even drive when they quit making the C3s and they are one of the coolest cars ever built. I should be kicked for letting two 82 collectors edition cars slip through my fingers. I grew up during the age of the C4 and I still remeber the first ZR1s and all of the talk about how it was the fast car on the road, with space aged tech. It was as close as you could get to flying a jet without joining the airforce. Now look at the age we are in today the C5s and now the C6. I just don't know how you can't like and want one of each. I love my C5 and I would not trade it for the world, but I love my buddies C6 and I want one. I love The Startship and I want one. I wish I had my uncle's old ZR1 convertable. AND I WANT A SPLIT WINDOW!! Ok ok I will stop ranting now. I am just saying that age does not matter. I have a three inch thick book about Corvettes on my coffee table and my seven year old son, thinks ever car in there is the coolest thing on the planet, from the very first car that rolled off the line to the concept cars of tomarrow.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Ya, I know age has nothin' to do with it.
I had my first Vette ride in a '58 at age 6, never got over it, thank God!
You mentioned, "It was as close as you could get to flying a jet without joining the airforce." True words Bro!!! Hence the name of my baby, "Starship"!

Old 03-03-2007, 11:31 AM

Iwill probably shock everyone herebut I votedfor the C4. I really like the looks of it, particularly the overall lines and the rear.

But I have no room for (and my wife has no stomach for) another car, yet I've always wanted a really good late C4 with the following mods: 427 cubic inch fuel injected small block with a mild tune on it: say 400 HP but 500 ft lbs torque, a custom front fascia (bumper area) fashioned after the nose/grill of a Maserati Ghibli (you have to use a bit of imagination here but it would be stunning), and a custom all-glove-leather interior. Sadly, it will be only a dream unless someone drops another multi-car garage into my back yard and convinces my wife that a few more cars won't further distract me from her.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:44 AM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Soooo........ya think I'm too old, eh?
All I can say is...... Well nothing, so here is a smiley face.

Quick Reply: What is your favorite generation corvette (besides your own)