Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Who drives your Vette? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/who-drives-your-vette-5163/)

riley 03-02-2007 12:23 PM

Who drives your Vette?

Who do you guys let drive your vette(s)? I let my wife when I first got it but she hasn't driven it since the "gas cap incident". I've offered to let my brothers drive but they all declined. A friend of a friend offered to let me ride his Harley in exchange for a drive but I politely declined.

My neighbor, who has two C4s in immaculate condition, hasn't asked but you'd think that he would love to take it out. I'd offer 'cause I know that he would treat it right, but the thing is, he never offered before I had mine.

I'm still pretty much a noob at this. What's the etiquette?

wrwalke 03-02-2007 12:46 PM

RE: Who drives your Vette?

Anyone that I don't think would wrap it around a tree is welcome to the keys. :D I bought it for my wife originally, but she can't see over the wheel wells in the front. She does like to ride in it with the tops off, showing cleavage to all the redneck pickup truck drivers though. :D

My 11 yr old nephew has already reserved the Vette for prom night...

bill.

chargedvette02 03-02-2007 03:09 PM

My step dad and dad thats about it. Both have had very fast cars and I know they could handle mine.

Lee Willis 03-02-2007 05:54 PM

I drive it on the street. My youngest son drives it on the track, and he's free to take it out on the street when I don't want to. My two older sons have driven it but just once with me in the car - niehter is into cars a whole lot.

C3 Starship 03-02-2007 11:58 PM

ME! :)
I don't know anyone that I would trust to drive 'er!
I guess that's a little narrow minded of me, but I know my limits, not so sure about anyone else. :D

What's the etiquette? :eek:
Would ya let anybody take your best girl for a ride? NOPE!!! [:@]

sigung86 03-03-2007 11:51 PM

Me 'n the Missus... Oh ... And my youngest daughter.

Interesting story about my wife, and my FRC. A while back we worked together in a building near the airport. I am a smoker (by way of setting up this story)... I was running late for work and she was riding with me and we were in the FRC.

We pulled into the circle drive in front of the building that we both worked in ... There werea number of fellow smoker-friends out there. We came to a stop... We got out. As I ran for the front door, she strolled around to get into the drivers seat. Several of the "guys" started whooping and yelling. One of them said, "You let your wife drive your baby"???

My wife is always the epitome of coolness... She leaned against the car, smiled across at them, and said, "I'm his baby ... That's just his Corvette"! rofl!!!!

I never wonder why I love that Lady!

repodude43 03-06-2007 01:01 AM

who ever has the key oops i have the keys all the time[sm=usa.gif]

TopSpeed 03-06-2007 02:39 PM

Um, I'd LOVE to have Mrs. TopSpeed take the reins of Beastie one day, but she is a little too nervous. Can't blame her, really, the throttle on our cars is rather twitchy....

My mechanic, absolutely, he can drive it.

And my son... once... when I was with him. But, other than that, I'm with Dave... I don't let anyone take my wife out for a ride!!! :D:D:D:D:D

ORIGINAL: sigung86

Me 'n the Missus... Oh ... And my youngest daughter.

Interesting story about my wife, and my FRC. A while back we worked together in a building near the airport. I am a smoker (by way of setting up this story)... I was running late for work and she was riding with me and we were in the FRC.

We pulled into the circle drive in front of the building that we both worked in ... There werea number of fellow smoker-friends out there. We came to a stop... We got out. As I ran for the front door, she strolled around to get into the drivers seat. Several of the "guys" started whooping and yelling. One of them said, "You let your wife drive your baby"???

My wife is always the epitome of coolness... She leaned against the car, smiled across at them, and said, "I'm his baby ... That's just his Corvette"! rofl!!!!

I never wonder why I love that Lady!
What a fantastic story!! :D:D:D Thanks for sharing that, my friend!

mr90808 05-22-2007 02:08 AM

I let my parents drive it occasionally, but its my baby. A few months back one of my really good friends swapped his car with me for a week when I used his car to go to Vegas! But he treated it good. As long as you can trust the person, then don't be afraid because they might have a bad ass car in the future that you might want todrive. :)

TopSpeed 05-23-2007 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: mr90808

I let my parents drive it occasionally, but its my baby. A few months back one of my really good friends swapped his car with me for a week when I used his car to go to Vegas! But he treated it good. As long as you can trust the person, then don't be afraid because they might have a bad ass car in the future that you might want todrive. :)
Great post! I love it. [8D]