Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   For you import haters..... (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/you-import-haters-3813/)

mech259 11-05-2006 10:34 AM

For you import haters.....

Rice Boy

This is hilarious and so true.[8D]

gorichb 11-05-2006 11:59 AM

RE: For you import haters.....

Rice Boy
Hahahaha
too funny [sm=laughat.gif] < Rice Boy

C3 Starship 11-05-2006 12:00 PM

:D:D:D Finally, the truth comes out! Great Post!!!:D:D:D

Lee Willis 11-05-2006 01:25 PM

I love it.

I was out in the Porsche today and some riced up older Eclipse, with custom front air dam, lowered suspension and aftermarket wheels with the fake "three piece wheel" bolt heads on the rin, a rear fascia with slots and screens, cannon exhaust tip, aero rocker effects and monster spoiler pulled up alongside and wanted to race. I didn't rise to the bait because: a) it would have been a joke, and b) we were at a light beyond which the road has a couple of nasty undulations that can create problems if you hit them at speed.

When the light turned green the Eclipse roared off with a squeal of tires and was about eight car lengths ahead of me before I even eased thorugh the intersection. He hit the first undulation, bottoming his suspension and ripping a good portion of the front fascia off the car -- I'd guess about half. It flipped up and over his passenger side, hitting his roof (no idea what it did to the paint) and landed behind him as he zoomed on off, tumbling along for two or three car lengths before it came to rest in my lane.

I puttered along far behind him, slowed, and drove over the shredded remains of that front air dam at about 20 mph. There was a bunch of snapping and cracking, hopefully putting any thoughts of repairing it to rest forever.

NOw please Realize folks, this was not a malicious act, but an attempt at true charity, I was trying to prevent him from further embarrassing himself in the future by re-attaching it.

gorichb 11-05-2006 02:48 PM

Lee
that was great.
This just shows how stupid some people are. You were smart enough to realize that A) it would have not even been a close race, and B) it was too dangerous to even attempt.
That Inderjit (idiot) wasn't even smart enough to realize the dangers ahead, and than took off like a bat out of hell hoping, I would guess to provoke you into a race.
What exactly they are or are not thinking puzzles me. The outcome was he tore up his car pretty bad, but he probably isn't smart enough to know how close he could have came to wrecking, and possibly injuring / killing someone else or himself.
This just reminded me of an accident we had here in town a couple months back. Some school kids at lunch time, 1 in a 05 mustang, and the other in a souped up rice rocket were racing down one of the residential streets. They were coming up on a main street, and had a stop sign. The Mustang skidded about 80 feet before coming to rest in the middle of the main street, Lucky for him no cars were coming. Unfortunately the other kid decided he was not going to lose this race I guess because he waited way too long to brake. His skid marks started at the middle of the main intersection, and the car didn't stop till it went through a Pub's wall.
It was an ugly mess, I came up to it right after it happen. Turns out it injured 3 people inside the pub, broken bones and such, and killed the passenger of the car. She was 15.
What disregard for human life. And now the driver will be up for man slaughter for killing his girlfriend.

TopSpeed 11-06-2006 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: mech259

Rice Boy

This is hilarious and so true.[8D]
I've been a regular visitor to that site for years... I call it historic documentation on the oddity known as the human race. :D:DI saw a dude up here in a Toyota Supra the other day.... with 5.0 badges from a Mustang on his fenders... yeh, that baby was still runnin' the stock inline 6 in it, so the 5.0 badge was, uh.... useful.:D:D:D

TopSpeed 11-06-2006 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I love it.

I was out in the Porsche today and some riced up older Eclipse, with custom front air dam, lowered suspension and aftermarket wheels with the fake "three piece wheel" bolt heads on the rin, a rear fascia with slots and screens, cannon exhaust tip, aero rocker effects and monster spoiler pulled up alongside and wanted to race. I didn't rise to the bait because: a) it would have been a joke, and b) we were at a light beyond which the road has a couple of nasty undulations that can create problems if you hit them at speed.

When the light turned green the Eclipse roared off with a squeal of tires and was about eight car lengths ahead of me before I even eased thorugh the intersection. He hit the first undulation, bottoming his suspension and ripping a good portion of the front fascia off the car -- I'd guess about half. It flipped up and over his passenger side, hitting his roof (no idea what it did to the paint) and landed behind him as he zoomed on off, tumbling along for two or three car lengths before it came to rest in my lane.

I puttered along far behind him, slowed, and drove over the shredded remains of that front air dam at about 20 mph. There was a bunch of snapping and cracking, hopefully putting any thoughts of repairing it to rest forever.

NOw please Realize folks, this was not a malicious act, but an attempt at true charity, I was trying to prevent him from further embarrassing himself in the future by re-attaching it.
*mad applause* GREAT WORK, LEE!!! Bwaaaaaahahahaha!!! That post really made me laugh; well worded!! :D:D:D

PAY2PLAY 11-07-2006 12:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I love it.

Thats just plain hilarious...good job...talk about something I wish had been on video tape.

mech259 11-07-2006 09:12 AM

For Sale: Only used for going to and from work at Burger King,

[IMG]local://upfiles/1427/94DFC0CE3E5349B49F3B642B027E4B1E.jpg[/IMG]

Complete with genuine imitation stealth brake rotors and calipers:

[IMG]local://upfiles/1427/B8208393A5834E87B5A3258146A4620D.jpg[/IMG]

TopSpeed 11-07-2006 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: mech259

For Sale: Only used for going to and from work at Burger King,

[IMG]local://upfiles/1427/94DFC0CE3E5349B49F3B642B027E4B1E.jpg[/IMG]

Complete with genuine imitation stealth brake rotors and calipers:

[IMG]local://upfiles/1427/B8208393A5834E87B5A3258146A4620D.jpg[/IMG]
Oooo, I want me one of them!!! [:'(] Talk about people with too much money, and not enough brains. :D:D:D